chapter one: the Hogwarts express

♪

DAISY HAD ALWAYS loved the trip to Hogwarts it was exciting knowing that she was going back to her second home. As much as she loved her parents she was excited to finally go back to Hogwarts. After a stressful year filled with preparing for her O.W.L's, she was happy to have a relaxed year.

She was reading her favourite book, the secret garden when she heard a couple of compartment doors open she figured that the trolly lady was going by so she got up and took some galleons with her.

"and don't forget the sugar quills!" she heard a boy yell.

"Hello dear." the woman kindly smiled at her.

"Hello could I please get a pumpkin pastie and a chocolate frog?" she asked smiling back.

she turned around to see a boy with messy dark hair walking up towards the trolly. When he looked up to see her he immediately turned red and tried to hide his face with his hair. daisy being oblivious as ever didn't notice his change in attitude and gave him a simple smile and wave before walking off with her food. Sirius was left a blushing mess and had to take a second to process what just happened. His mind had completely melted, he forgot what he was doing entirely and walked back to his compartment.

he walked in and sat down in his seat with a lovesick look on his face.

"Padfoot wheres the food, mate?"

"she looked so beautiful." was all he could muster.

"oh, merlin he must've seen Lennon, Padfoot what'd you do this time smell her hair again? you've got all year to do that but right now I want my sugar quills!" James exclaimed.

"I'll get them" peter mumbled but loud enough of James to hear. He grabbed the sack of galleons and walked out.

"you don't get it, she smiled at me!" Sirius was turning red from the memory.

"oh merlin he's turned daft, Sirius you sound like a second-year girl." Remus half-joked.

"sure she did mate, did you at least talk to her this time?" James asked laughing.

"no" he mumbled, "but I'll do it soon."

"Yeah, alright that's what you said last year and guess what you never did."

"I talked to her twice last year, thank you very much."

"I wouldn't call tripping in front of her and then apologising talking."

"you're one to talk, always yelling at Evans, no wonder she hates you at least daisy can actually stand being in the same room as me."

"she barely knows you exist mate!" James responded ignoring what he said about lily.

"of course she knows I exist I'm Sirius black for merlin's sake."

Remus sighed as watched the two banter back and forth for a couple of minutes before stepping out to get changed.

-

Daisy was walking back into her compartment after getting changed when she ran into a tall figure.

"Sorry!" they both exclaim.

"Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." daisy mumbled loud enough for Remus to hear.

"oh no it was my fault, I should have been more careful, I'm Remus Lupin, sixth year Gryffindor we had a couple of classes together last year" he stuck his hand out, vividly remembering having to go through Sirius gushing about her during DADA for a whole year.

"Daisy Lennon, Defence and potions right?" she replied shaking his hand with a small smile.

He nodded smiling back.

"are you reading the secret garden? I've been meaning to read it for a while" he added.

"yes! it's one of my favourite books actually" daisy thought for a second, Remus seemed like a nice person, she had made up her mind "do you want to borrow my copy I've read it like three times and you seem like the kind of person who doesn't go out of their way to destroy books."

"Are you sure? I mean thank you!" he grinned at her laughing a bit at the last part of her sentence.

"of course, I'll see you around Remus." she smiled.

"you too, bye Daisy." they both smiled at each other before walking off.

as daisy walked back to her compartment she felt happy. You see, Daisy doesn't have many friends only the girls in her dorm, but even then they weren't very close. despite this fact, Daisy enjoyed being alone sure she did feel lonely at times but she has acquaintances and to her, that was enough. As Daisy pulled another book from her bag she had a feeling that this year would be a lot different than the rest.

a/n, hey everyone thank you so much for reading the first chapter of soft spoken this chapter was a little short but that was only because I wanted to keep the all the scenes from the Hogwarts express in this chapter. I'll also try to upload as often, have a wonderful day or night and stay safe :)