xx. Delicate

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter twenty | delicate

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

MAISIE HAD been on many dates with this Stefan now, and Kaya had asked her about every single detail every single time. Today was no exception, and the boys sitting with them during lunch had the joy of listening to it.

"Where'd he take you?"

"Madame Puddifoot's tea shop," she said. "It's so lush in there, I don't know why we haven't been in there before,"

"Because I think we'd rather have a butterbeer than go and sit in a tea shop," said Jaeden. "It's rammed with couples in there, no wonder that's where he took you,"

"Don't be horrible," said Kaya, kicking him from under the table.

"Yeah, Jae," Lee chimed in. "Don't be so bitter just because you don't have a bird to take there-"

"I'm not bitter! And as if you have one-"

"Fred's got one-" George started with a grin, before Maisie interrupted.

"He has one of those nice smells on him, though. Like one of those sprays boys use," she continued, with a smile.

"Ah," said Kaya, with a sigh. You can't beat it when a boy smells nice,"

George and Lee both leaned into Fred and sniffed loudly, before nodding.

"Why don't you introduce him to us?" Milo asked. "Or us to him?"

"What, you think I'm gonna let Jaeden have anything to do with him? You must be insane,"

"What?!" Jaeden barked. "What's wrong with me?"

"You're horrible!" said Kaya. "You'll probably put him off,"

"Exactly," Maisie nodded. Milo laughed at him, and Jaeden shook his head.

"Mates before dates, Maisie, you remember that,"

There was a short silence.

"What's that on your shirt, Jae?" asked Kaya, squinting her eyes and leaning forward to read a badge on his uniform.

"S.P.E.W," said Maisie. "Isn't that the house elf rights thing Hermione Granger made?"

"Yeah," Jaeden replied confidently. "And I agree, house elves do deserve to be treated better,"

"Didn't she make those ages ago, though?" asked Fred.

"Well, I didn't know about them until now," Jaeden said. "Nobody told me!"

"Jaeden's a big softie for animals or creatures, if you couldn't tell," Milo told Lee.

"No!" said Jaeden. "They just... deserve rights..."