Thirty three

Emil looked up as the canons stopped firing. He was aware of another energy signature entering the atmosphere. A familiar energy signature like a star. A huge cheery grin split his face and he crowed. Peter blinked, confused.

"What's going on?"

Emil scrambled to his feet. One hand helping Peter up next to him. Peter scooped up the infinity gauntlet and held it to his chest. Emil frowned at it. Both of them turned their attention to the sky. Thanos' ship had turned. The canons aiming at the sky. Emil watched excitedly as a glowing ball of yellow light speared right through the ship. Peter gasped.

"What was that?"

"That was aunt Carol", Emil answered. He cheered loudly as the ship began to explode. Carol spun and shot through the ship once again, destroying the structure. The ship listed with a groan, all weaponry and control systems destroyed. It crashed with a tidal wave into the ocean. Emil yelled out in victory, jumping and clapping.

"Whooo! Go Carol! Yay! Captain Marvel!" Peter just watched with his mouth open. Emil pressed a kiss to his cheek, adored by his surprised expression.

Carol landed in front of Peter and Emil. Her suit shining and her blonde hair perfect. She smiled at the both of them as she held out her fist. Emil gave her a fist bump.

"Heya Emil", she greeted. "How are you doing?"

Emil grinned back with a shrug. "Oh you know, saving the world and all that. You here to help?" Carol nodded and turned her attention to Peter.

Peter closed his mouth. "Hi. I'm Peter Parker", he stammered.

Carol smirked. "Hey Peter Parker. You got something for me?" Peter nodded and handed over the gauntlet. Carol took it and eyed the size. She raised her eyes to Emil.

"You have really thin hands Emil", she commented as she tucked the gauntlet under her arm.

Emil shrugged again. "I can't help it".

Peter was glancing back and forth between the two of them with a confused and awed expression. He eyed the charging forces in the distance. Thanos' army having regrouped and was now charging at them with renewed force. Emil counted about five giant mechanical flying space turtle things.

"I not know how you're going to get through that", Peter muttered.

"Don't worry", Wanda muttered as she landed behind them. Others walked over and joined them in facing the monster army. Okoye and Shuri with their weapons ready. Valkyrie and Pepper landing next to them. Mantis and Hope (who Emil now recognised as one of Scott's friends), joining the band. Gamora and nebula walked over as well. Emil stayed at Peter's side. He didn't want to get on the bad side of these women.

"Should we follow them?" Peter asked as they watched the females charge. Emil shook his head.

"Give it a minute, I think they have it handled". To prove his point, Wanda and Valkyrie destroyed two of the mechanical turtles. The creatures crashed to the ground and Emil winced.

"Come on", he sighed as he began walking towards the battle. "Let's finish this". Peter nodded and fell in step next to him. Emil grabbed his hand and they disappeared with a blue flash.

They landed in the midst of the fighting and instantly got swept away. Peter took the aliens to the left, while Emil took the right. He unsheathes his blade and slashed through the aliens one by one. Dark blood coated the air as each alien fell. Peter had disappeared into the fray and Emil had no time to look for him. He had to trust that Peter could handle himself.

Emil groaned as a lucky alien sliced at his leg. It wasn't deep but it caught him by surprise. He stuck his dagger through it's eyes. It fell with a squeal onto the pile of dead bodies at Emil's feet. He looked around. Everything was starting to catch up with him. His body ached. Pain from his numerous injuries knocking on his consciousness. He wiped his blade on his other leg and grimaced. A crash sounded from somewhere in the distance. Emil sighed and teleported to it. Might as well go and help.