02

CHAPTER TWO:   WAITING

Jimin sat across Lee Taemin, his dance instructor in a cosy café close to their studio. Taemin had texted him previously asking him out for a cup of coffee - obviously to talk about the dance competition. Jimin couldn't help but tune out of the conversation as his mind wandered off to last night, when he told Tae about the handsome stranger.

"Guess what Tae?" Jimin asked Tae excitedly, who had just returned home from the library after an intense study session. Tae was dressed up smartly in dark jeans and a light blue shirt. His eyes were adorned by cute nerdy glasses which only made him appear younger. He looked tired but Jimin gave him his regular fix of coffee and Tae felt all the more better.

"What Minnie? Did something good happen?" Tae replied, judging from Jimin's wide eyes and smily lips.

"This really really handsome man came to my flower shop today. He even tried to make me feel better when a rude customer made me cry. And the biggest thing! - he called me beautiful! Can you believe it Tae?! A handsome man calling me beautiful?" Jimin gushed, his eyes twinkling. Something about Jungkook kept tugging in his mind and he couldn't get the man out of his brain.

"Woah woah what? You cried?"

"That's not the Point Tae! The—"

"Why didn't you call me? You know I would've beaten his ass. You're so irresponsible Jimin, I've told you to call me if something like that happens." Tae said exasperatedly. The truth was, Tae couldn't handle Jimin's tears. He felt that the man's tears were too precious to be wasted over stupid people.

"I-I'm sorry... I forgot." Jimin muttered, bowing his head in embarrassment. Why couldn't he just ever do one thing right?

"Hey don't feel bad, you know I just care for you right? Ok... hmm... so WHO is this man you're talking about with stars in your eyes?" Tae asked, pinching Jimin's cheeks to make him look up.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook - thats all I know right now. And he bought a bouquet of Azaleas.... I was a little bit shocked though, not a lot of people buy Azaleas."

"He might be having a reason behind it Minnie. So, did you guys exchange numbers then?" Tae asked wiggling his eyebrows.
Jimin hit Tae's arm and he groaned.

"No Tae! He w-wouldn't want to do something with someone like me. He's totally out of my league. His aura screamed rich and powerful. And I'm not even sure if I ever get to see him again." jimin said nervously.

Due to his past, Jimin had always been insecure. He never felt proud of himself or never felt good enough. People would tell him he was beautiful but when he looked in the mirror all he could see was a weak man with chubby cheeks. Little did he know what made Jungkook intrigued about him were his cute chubby cheeks that Jungkook just wanted to pinch.

"Don't day that Minnie. You're gorgeous. And don't worry, I have a gut feeling that you'll meet again. But... just be careful with him right? Get to know him first before doing anything stupid." Tae grumbled instructing Jimin
To be careful.

"Okay grandpa." Jimin replied rolling his eyes sassily. He took it as a joke because he thought that him and Jungkook could never happen.

"Jimin? Jimin — hello! Earth to Jimin!"
Jimin blinked a few times before focusing on the man in front of him.

Taemin grew impatient by the minute. He had been going on and on about the dance competition and the moves he wanted to try out. He might've included some flirty lines here and there but his mood changed when he realised that Jimin was lost in his own dream land.