7) Meri Behna? Broke my heart

Baking Tip for the Day: Fixing burnt cakes could be useless sometimes and it's best to throw it away

Mansi's POV

Life was twisted.

Like really bad.

When I was the most notorious, I was always told to keep it down. Anytime I'd be pranking someone, or screaming about in the house or just having a lot of fun, my family members would tell me to keep it down.

And now when I was actually minding my own life, my family kept asking what was wrong.

I mean what the actual hell?

The only time I'd have fun was whenever my cousin was with me. I had lost my mothers and after their death, this family had lost the fun and happiness.

But I was still happy, still lively‌, still joyful because I had Janvi with me.

There wasn't a single time I'd miss my mother and not find Janvi with me. Every time I felt suffocating in the house, Janvi would leave everything and come to see me.

Like I just had to text her that I felt miserable and within six hours, she'd come to meet me.

I never appreciated that before. Mostly because I didn't feel it was that big of a deal, because I'd do it for her. Anytime she felt sick, which was every time, I'd run to see her.

These five years were terrible. No one would know how alone I felt in these five years. So many times I'd wanna message Janvi to come see me or just run to meet her. So many times I just wanted to forget what happened and just have her with me.

Even though we did meet once a month, we always had loads of unplanned meets before. That's why we were inseparable, we were best friends.

And now, we are supposed to pretend to be that. Act like everything is normal to show it in front of our families.

'You're up early today?' G Ma asked, as she entered the kitchen, 'And I see you in the kitchen? Another cake?'

I shook my head with a smile, 'It's tea'

'But you don't drink tea.'

'For Janvi. Her head is a bit heavy from all the meds, so I thought I'd help her.'

I swear G Ma was surprised yet smiling, like this was the eighth wonder of the world.

Well it does help our case, right. Amazingly Bua daadi walked behind her, and when she was told how I was making tea for my sister because she was sick, she had a small smile.

A small smile from Bua daadi was equivalent to G Ma grinning.

I'd take it.

I shook my head at how happy they were, yet not commenting on anything, while they helped themselves with whatever they wanted, I served myself a cup of coffee and tea for Janvi.

Breakfast was always eaten together at the dining table, and there was another half hour for that. So I took some muffins on the tray, and excused myself from the kitchen.

'Didi, are they really back again?'

'Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Maybe she's just helping her sick sister.'

'I really hope they're forgiven everything.'

Before eavesdropping more on their conversation, I walked towards Janvi's room.

If this family is hiding something about our mothers death, I'm definitely not forgiving that.

_

'Plan kya hai?'