Chapter Fourteen. Love for fools

Rainbow's POV.

"Sing Off? (Scoffs) are you outta your mind?" I asked him and he grins like the big olf he is before running towards the room with piano in it... rushing and calling after him trying to stop him but he got in before me unfortunately and i sighs loudly before saying.

"Fine! Pick a song." He starts doing his chicken victory dance while i roll my eyes and he says. "Can't help falling in love." He says.

"Elvis Presley? Really?."  He gives me a once over look and say "You have a thing against him?" Cheeky bastard.

"No!  I've a thing against exaggerated love songs." I tell him rolling my eyes. Elvis Presley is actually one of my favorite musicians of all time, but I'll never tell him that. He won't let me hear the end of it.

He sits by the piano and runs his fingers through it with his eyes closed and the magnificent beast of a piano produces one of the most melodious sounds I've ever heard.

The way he plays the piano its like when old friends reunite after being apart for so long. Its more than that! the passion, the tenderness towards it, the way he uses his fingers to communicate
with the keys and the piano replies to his touch with sounds. Its like that of old lovers who don't need words to express how they feel anymore.

He increases his pace in playing while winking at me and i laugh. I can't help but start twirling to the rhythm as he says. "Come on, sing!" Clearing my throat i start singing to the song i know so well, its like a second language to me.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you...-''

''Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you?" I finish singing to the first verse and he urges me with a nod to continue.

"Like a river flows
surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too!
For I can't help falling in love with you..."

I'm starting to feel the music run through the very core of my being as i close my eyes and spread my arms as if i wanna fly while twirling, I continue to sing.

"Like a river flows
surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you."

I end the song on high note as i stop twirling, I'm taking deep breaths while Hunter stands up and starts clapping repeatedly. I'm holding the hem of my blouse and bowing playfully saying.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
You're too kind. Both of us are thrown in fits of laughter and giggles after my comment.

Our laughter has finally subsided when he says.  "Elvis has got nothing on you Bow, you would have actually given him a run for his money." I giggle before saying. "The point of a sing off is for two people to actually sing and pick a winner, you know?"

"Yeah! And you won." He says, now fully standing with both hands in his pockets.

I laugh before asking him. "Says who?" He smiles smugly before replying. "Says me, the judge." Chuckling, i shake my head before saying. "Alright! Judge Riggs, pay up old man!"  While extending my right arm towards him. H gasps dramatically saying. "I'm only 37years old!" Before slapping a dollar bill on my palm.

Scoffing loud enough for him to hear, i say. "That's a decade before i was born old man!" Squinting at the dollar bill on my hand i say. "Don't i get pay more than this for almost giving Elvis a run for his money?" Smiling, he shakes his head fondly while saying. "Don't push it kid." Now its my turn to gasp dramatically while saying.  "Oh?  So you agree you're old?"

"Not in your wildest dreams kiddo!" And just like that! we both burst into fits of laughter again.

Calming down, I stand up from the couch whipping imaginary dust of my clothes while saying. "I better get home and make dinner, thanks for having me. Again!" He laughs while saying. "Don't mention it!  I like the company, plus! You brought me cheesy casserole."

"Don't worry about that, you're actually helping me plenty with the leftovers, since he who shall not be mentioned doesn't eat leftovers." I reassure him and he laughs.

I'm heading towards the door when i glance at him but he doesn't look as happy as he sounds anymore. "Hey! Are you okay?" I asks.

Startled he says. "Yeah! I mean, yes I'm fine." Giving him the look that always forces him to spill his guts, i fold my hands on my chest for special effects while tapping my right foot on the floor impatiently. He sighs before saying.

"Tomorrow is Kayla's death anniversary  and i can't visit her grave to pay my respect for the first time since she died because my parole officer said i can't go out of town alone and he's too busy to take me." He says sadly.

Gasping in shock, i say. "Oh my God! Hunter! Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me sooner?

"I will be fine, don't worry about me." He says trying to act tough but i see through his acts, before i could stop myself i blurted.  "I can take you!" Realizing how high pitched i sounded, i bow my head in embarrassment before trying again. "I mean, i will go with you." Saying it softly this time.

"What! No! No! I can't let you do that for me, besides! tomorrow is Saturday and your husband will be home." He pleads with me.

With new found confidence i say. "He will just have to deal with it! We leave before 9:00am tomorrow." I did not wait for him to talk me out of my decision, I'm walking away when i hear him calling out to me to come back, let's talk about this but i ignore him and walk into my house while thinking...I'm so screwed!