87

As the days went on, the three hunters had battled a Shojo with Garth and then went to an extremely haunted house to find Annie's body. To their surprise they were helped by Bobby. They even saw the man.

But now, he wouldn't leave the three alone. He would appear here and there every so often. Bobby was a big help, but sometimes, the three just needed a break from him.

"Nothing on the dig sites." Sam said as he hung up his phone.

Dean sighed and took out Bobby's flask. He began to unscrew the cap. "Yeah, 'cause they got nothing in common. And I got nothing from the local lore fifty miles in every direction of all of them. I mean, it's like they're just... old dirt." Dean put the flask up to his lips. "What's Dick looking for?"

Suddenly the lights in the house began to flicker.

All three hunters were on alert. Sam and Dean pulled out their guns while Jessica stuck to her angelic powers.

"Hey hey, go easy, you idjits." Bobby said as he held up his hands in front of him.

Everyone relaxed.

"Sorry for the jump scare." Bobby smiled sheepishly.

"So how does this work, huh?" Dean raised a brow. "I leave the cap off and you just genie your way out?"

Bobby shook his head. "I wish it were that easy. The thing is—" suddenly Bobby disappeared.

"Bobby?" Sam called out.

"Damn it." Bobby's voice shook. "It's hard to stay focused. I'm still kind of worn out."

"You've been pretty busy for a dead guy." Dean said.

"Alright, listen. I-I don't know how long before my next ghost nap, so let's just skip to the skinny. Those numbers I gave you."

Dean scoffed. "The empty lot in cheeseville?"

"Yeah, well, it ain't gonna be empty for long. I got a gander at Dick's big plan, right before he Lincolned me. They're breaking ground—what month is this?" Bobby looked at Sam and Dean.

"Uh, April." Sam replied.

"Ground's broke." Bobby sighed. "They're building as we're yammering. Check it out yourself. It's all right."

Bobby scratched his head. "You've missed this because you've been kind of busy killing ghosts and everything. But Dick is about to get into the Soylent Green business. That site'll show you they're building a biotech lab, right?"

Sam was already typing away on his computer. And just as Bobby had said, the plans for a biotech lab came up onto his screen.

"Biotech my ass. That sucker is a state-of-the-art slaughterhouse. And we're the beef."

Sam looked up at Bobby. "Don't you think that's a little bold, even for Dick?"

"I bet you no one will even notice, 'cause first he's gonna dumb us all down with turducken-style munchies. Make us docile."

"We haven't been to Biggerson's since that whole fiasco." Jessica said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Biggerson's?" Bobby shook his head. "He's bought a list of joints ten pages long."

"Ah." Jessica nodded her head.

"Next, he's going to cure us."

"Cure us of what?" Sam asked.

"All the biggies—cancer, AIDS, heart disease. Let's just say they got an affinity for STEM-cell research." Bobby looked at all three hunters sitting around him. "They're not hunting anymore. They're engineering the perfect herd. This is about knocking us off the top of the food chain. This is about them Levis living here forever, one-percenter style, while we march our dopey, fat asses down to the shiny new death camps at every corner."

Suddenly Sam's computer made a beeping sound.

"It's an email." His eyes traveled up towards his brother. "It's from Frank."

"Franks alive?" Dean asked.

Sam clicked on the email and cleared his throat. "Sam, Dean and Jessica, if you're reading this, I'm dead... or worse. This email was sent because some prince is trying to hack into my hard drive right this second. So unless it's you, you got trouble."

Everyone remained silent.

"Um, okay." Sam continued reading. "My drive is full of compromising info. You're new aliases, hangouts, where you stored your car..."

"Baby." Dean breathed.

"Even though he encrypted the Crap out of his drive, he says that we should assume that someone can hack into it eventually. He did put a tracking device in it." Sam clicked on a link and brought up a map. A thumb tack was near Chicago Illinois. "Alright, let's see where Frank's drive is." Sam clicked on the tack and brought up a large building labeled "Roman Enterprises."

"Great." Jessica sighed. "It's in the middle of the Death Star."

~<•>~

The ride to Chicago was quiet. Bobby hadn't made a reappearance so that meant that the three had a break. Sam was in the back seat sleeping.

Jessica picked at her nails as the silence continued. But soon she sighed and looked at Dean.

"Dean, I-I want to apologize to you. I'm sorry for saying those things to you—"

"I should be the one who's apologizing, not you. You had every right to be mad at me. I shouldn't have said that about Cas. I know how much he means to you. I just lose myself every time something bad happens to anyone I care about."

Jessica placed a hand on Dean's arm and lightly squeezed it. "Just, try not to do anything like that again."

Dean chuckled. "I'll try but no guarantees."

Jessica smiled and shook her head.

~<•>~

The three had arrived in Chicago and had gone into a woman's apartment. As they looked around Jessica began to have some déjà vu.

"This place seems familiar." Jessica looked at a picture frame and gasped.

"We're inside—"

"Hide!" Sam said as he hid in a room not far from the door. "Someone's coming."

Dean and Jessica hid in another room and watched as a red headed woman quickly entered her home. She threw down a bag onto the table and began to quickly pack some things.

Something moved out of the corner of her eye and she turned around. But nothing was there. The woman quickly zipped up her back and went for the door but Dean had beat her too it.

"It's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Get away from me, you...." the woman looked at a fake sword mounted on a stand. She grabbed it and held it in front of her. "Shapeshifter!"

Sam came up behind the woman. "We're not shapeshifters."

The woman was startled and swung her sword. But the weapon broke in half upon impact.

"Charlie!" Jessica ran into the room. "Hey hey! It's okay. We're the good guys here."

"Jessica?" Charlie breathed. Both Sam and Dean stared at Jessica.

"You two know each other?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." Jessica awkwardly smiled. "I met her when I disappeared at that doctors office we went to so you could talk to death."

Dean nodded his head. "Huh, so that's where you went." He turned towards Charlie. "You might want to sit down. We've got some talking to do."

Charlie nodded her head. Boy, was she in for a treat.