𝟬𝟬𝟱

❛ CHAPTER FIVE ━ A PROMISE UNKEPT ❜𖤐¸𓍢 ━━ ❪ ACT ONE OF SOULBOUND ❫ ˖ ୧ 。◟ ✦ DID YOU ALMOST SHOOT A YORKIE! ❞

CHAPTER FIVE A PROMISE UNKEPT
𖤐¸𓍢 ━━ ❪ ACT ONE OF SOULBOUND ❫ ˖ ୧ 。
◟ ✦ DID YOU ALMOST SHOOT A YORKIE!

MORNINGS FOR OLIVE CONSIST of breakfast at seven-twenty, brushing her teeth with Ben by seven-thirty-five and trying to convince Dean to stay home from school while he attempts to brush her hair. Like today.

"Please, pleaaase!" Olive dragged, rocking back and forth on a stool as she looked at Dean through the mirror, "I don't need school to be an Astronaut!"

Dean sighs. He thought being a hunter was probably the most stressful thing in his life— until he became a surrogate father. Now, he wished to face a group of Vamps than brush through Olive's messy hair.

"You legally have to go, Olive," He reminds, "You're so close to reading big paragraphs without stuttering!"

"Owww," Olive whined again, tears in her eyes as she reached up to rub the tenderness in her roots, "That hurts!"

With three pink hair pieces between his teeth Dean said, "Gotta stand still." He pulls slightly at the knot in the middle of her head.

The brush gets stuck.

"Damnit," He cursed, stepping back to look, "Alright, I have a better idea."

He untangles the brush from her hair and grabs it all in one hand, using his other to wrap the pink hair piece around it. It flopped down against her hair, not as tight as he thought it was.

Then, he took another hair piece and wrapped it again, and again, until her hair was more pink than its normal tawny brown.

"Ponytail," He says proudly, grimacing at the mess, "Or at least the outline of one."

Olive looks at herself in the mirror, then at Dean behind her, "I look like a chewed barbie doll."

Dean looks genuinely offended.