The One with John B's Tumble

The ride to the Chateau on the HMS Pogue was quick, but to Rosie it felt like hours

She should have been excited. They were on their way to get the survey map from Sarah and would soon be filthy rich. But Rosie's mood had been dampened by her interaction with JJ. The stomach-wrenching feeling of rejection pooled inside of her, and it made her shift in her seat. Rosie hated herself for confronting JJ . There was a reason she avoided it 90% of the time. But most of all, Rosie hated how much of an effect he had on her just by pushing her away. 

Rosie was relieved to get out of the boat once they'd docked. She trailed behind her friends as they ran to John B's van. In all honesty, Rosie just wanted to pass out on John B's couch, but they had a mission to accomplish. John B and Pope took the front, leaving Rosie, Kie, and JJ in the back.

 This time around, Rosie didn't avoid JJ. She couldn't sit around moping all night; that wasn't her. Rose-Ann Mae Connolly didn't mope around over guys. Especially JJ. No, she didn't mope around over anyone. She put on her brave face and beat on. 

Rosie sat across from JJ and looked straight at him. He cocked a eyebrow and she mimicked him. She leaned back in her seat, but kept her eyes trained on him. She wouldn't be the first to look away. JJ furrowed his brows in confusion, but held her gaze. 

"JJ, you good?"

He turned to face Kiara, who sat beside Rosie, "Yep."

Rosie turned to look at her friend as well and noticed the frown still prevalent on her face from her argument with John B.

"Still mad?" Rosie whispered closely so the others wouldn't hear.

"Hell yeah," she grumbled back. 

Rosie chuckled but immediately stopped as Kie sent her a sharp glare. 

"If he actually is macking on her I'll personally beat him up for you," Rosie muttered.

This time Kie couldn't conceal the smile tugging at her lips. She shot her friend a look, but they both laughed to themselves.

"I hate being in the back with you two. Always whispering and giggling and shit," JJ grumbled.

Pope laughed from up front, "Tell me about it. You know, John B, you're the only one who's never had to third wheel the girls."

"Well get your own car and then maybe I will," he shot back. 

Soon enough, the Kildare sign for the Hawk's Nest was in sight. John B stopped the van beside it in a half-assed parking job. 

"All right," John B cut the engine.

JJ jumped out of the van, "Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission."

Rosie was about to follow, but John B stopped her.

"So, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself."

Rosie shook her head at the idiocy of his words, already sensing another fight. She shrunk away from Kiara who was fuming again.