Chapter 36

Third Person's Pov

"Chloe hurry up! We are going to be late for school" Leah yell from the outside.

Chloe grabbed her bag and hang it on her back before looking one last time at the mirror to check her reflection. Chloe walk outside the house as she made her way to the car where Leah was waiting for her. Chloe got into the car and give her a kiss on the cheek "Let's go"

Monday and first day back in school. Fingers crossed! Hopefully it goes well, Chloe thought.

They stopped in front of their school. Chloe looked at Leah and hold her hand tightly.

Chloe squeezed her arm. Leah bit her bottom lip "Do you still have feelings for her?" Leah asked.

Chloe's face fell. Because she of course didn't feel the same way for Stella. Last time she saw her, she wanted her so badly. Now, she just doesn't feel that way. She forgets all about Stella when she is with Leah.

"What? Leah, I...I don't think I feel the same way for her as I used to. I told you already that you make me feel different than she ever did" Chloe frowned. Leah looked at her, a smile spread across her face.

"I love you" Leah said. Chloe smiled and pecked her lips. Leah smiled and opened the door. She opened Chloe's door too and they both got out together. Chloe stood by Leah's side. She intertwined their fingers together. Leah looked up at her and smiled.

As they walked up the hallway, they saw Stella was kissing a girl on cheek while she giggled. Chloe's eyebrows lifted up in surprise but she then smiled that Stella was happy with someone else.

"Stella?" Chloe said.

Stella turned to her and gasped.

"Chloe! Heyyy!!!" She hugged her. Chloe hugged back.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Chloe asked as they pulled back.

"I'm doing good" Stella smiled "This is my girlfriend Elizabeth and Elizabeth this is Chloe and her wife Leah" Stella introduced them.

"Nice to meet you" Chloe smiled.

"Same to you" Elizabeth smiled back.

"Chloe, I'm sorry" Stella apologized. Chloe furrowed her eyebrows.

"Sorry for what, Stella?"

"I-I.. this" She motioned at her and Elizabeth. Chloe's mouth shaped a perfect 'o' shape.

"Stella, I ge-"

"No, I'm really sorry. I think I've fallen in love with her, Chloe" Stella apologized again, looking for any anger in Chloe's eyes. Chloe smiled and shook her head.

"No, Stella. I get it. It's okay. I've been falling for someone else too and marrying her was the best decision of my life" Chloe smiled. She turned to look at Leah who smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I'm happy for you, Chloe" Stella smiled, squeezing Chloe's hand.

"Me too" Chloe sighed and grinned.

*RING RING RING RING*

"We should go, see you around" They waved leaving Chloe and Leah behind.

"Take care babe and meet me after the class" Leah said and pecked Chloe's lips before she goes away.

Chloe's Pov

As I entered my class I saw my best friend Ivy and she hugged me.

"Omg Chloe, it's so nice to have you back, I missed you so much" Ivy said excitedly.

"I missed you too, best friend" I hugged her back. Soon the teacher walked in and everyone including me settle down on our table, Ivy is sitting beside me which is a great thing of course.

"Good day everyone, many of you already know me so I'm your new professor Emily Jones and I'd be teaching you Math in this semester and don't worry about failing any subject I mean I could always welcome you here if you come back" With a teasing smirk she warned everyone whilst keeping it in a playful way.

Ms. Jones looks pretty young to be a professor in highschool.

"Are you a new student?" Her eyes gaze upon me and an instant smile was on her face "I've never seen you before" She said.

I could literally feel every eyes on me but it's cool it's not that I'm an introvert person or anything.

Taking a vivid deep breath I stand up from my chair.

"No ma'am, I'm not a new student. My name is Chloe Smith, for some personal reasons I wasn't able to continue school for last few months" I said.

"Hm so you're Miss Smith? I see. I've heard a lot about you" She kinda whispered the last part "Please, sit down" She said.

I sat back down as the class starts and went on painfully slow.

...

"Chloe, will you stay after class, please?" She asks five minutes before the bell rings.

"Yes, Ms. Jones" I replied.

"Yeah?" I asked as I walked to her desk, when everyone else has left the room. She continues shuffling papers around her desk thought I doubt she needs to considering she just moved that stack over to the left and then back to where it was before.

"Yes, Chloe" She says, "You know, I spent some time meeting the other teachers this morning and they already told me everything about you. I want to make myself clear when I say you need to pay a lot more attention to your studies because this is the only way you will be able to cover up and pass the up coming exam next month. You have already wasted a lot of time but now I want you to come to school regularly and put some extra efforts in your progress. Do you understand?"

"Of course" I nod and turn to leave but she catches my arm and then quickly let's go.

"I'm sorry" She clears her throat, wiping her hands against the sides of her jacket, "I have one more question for you, if you don't mind me asking"

"Sure" I said and looked at her.

"I heard that you're married, is that true?" She asked and raised her eyebrows.

"Uh yeah" I replied but how did she know?

"You're too young to be married though" She said and smirked.

"Uhm" I felt uncomfortable.

"I'm just kidding, have a good day" She smiled at me and I nodded with a small frown before awkwardly leaving the room.

I walked outside and I saw Leah "What happened?" She questions.

"Oh nothing, Ms. Jones just wanted to talk to me about my progress" I said and sigh.

"Is she a new professor?" Leah asked and I nodded.

Ms. Jones seemed a little weird to me. I mean why did she asked me about my marriage all of a sudden. Maybe she was just curious? Who knows. I really need to stop thinking about her.