𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟎

❝𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔.❞ -- 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid's eyes drifted open, and she found herself sitting on a stone floor, her back against the jagged, rock wall behind her with her hands tied above her head in chains connecting to the high vaulted ceiling. 

She turned her head to the right and saw a door made up a thick, metal bars. She was in a cell. Across the hallway from her cell was another cell, and she saw Anakin sitting just as she was, but he was obviously still unconscious because his head was lolled to the side. 

Astrid looked up to where the chain linking her wrists together led up to the ceiling, and she jingled the chain as she moved her arms. She tried tugging her arms down sharply, but the chain held strong to the ceiling. 

She shifted her body to the side, ignoring how the water slicking the stone floor was seeping into  her clothes, and that was when she realized her ankles were also wrapped together with chain. Astrid released an annoyed growl. 

Suddenly, Anakin began to make whimpered breaths from across the hall, and she heard him murmur fitfully, "Mom, Mom, no." 

Astrid stilled as she looked towards him. His entire body was beginning to tremble. "Mom!" he burst out, his head pitching violently to the side as he brought his arms down as if to fight something. "Mom, no!" 

Suddenly, his eyes flew open with a gasp, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he inhaled deep gulps of dry, desert air. His eyes were wild with fear, and Astrid could feel his terror and pain strongly through the Force. 

As if feeling the weight of Astrid's concerned gaze, he turned his head towards her. "Astrid?" he called out softly with a slight tremble to his voice. "Are you okay?" 

Astrid nodded. "Yeah. Are you?"

There was a moment of silence. Then, "No."

Astrid sucked in a tentative breath. "What-- what were you dreaming about? You were calling for your mom."

Anakin's eyes were shadowed as he said with a hint of urgency, "My mother is in pain. She needs my help. She's in danger. I know it. This is the second time I've had these visions of her. The Force wants me to see she's in trouble." 

He looked wildly around the room before settling his eyes on the chains linking his arms above his head. He yanked down hard on the chains to no avail. "I need to get out of here," he said urgently, a tinge of panic in his voice. "My mother needs my help now." 

Astrid cast a look at the dim-lit hallway where their cells were located from where she sat in her own cell. "We're stuck here for now in those caves Sebulba was telling us about. We'll have to wait for the Sith to come for us."

Anakin's fury was strong through the Force. 

Anakin growled, "I'm guessing Sebulba tipped off Maul that we were coming, or else he wouldn't have known we were in Mos Eisley to begin with. We would've had the upper hand showing up in the caves with surprise." 

But Astrid was still fixated on one part of his sentence, and she asked in bewilderment, "Did you just say Maul? As in Darth Maul, the Sith Lord Obi Wan killed?" 

Anakin nodded solemnly. "The very one. I guess Obi Wan didn't kill him enough." 

"How is that possible?" Astrid whispered in disbelief, her mind musing through all the possibilities that could've led to this happening.