2. Chapter 2

Andrea's p.o.v

When we arrived at the Hydra base, we soon realized we should have done more research. The whole base was more populated than we thought, all weaponized. So, as soon as we landed we were into battle. It led to Nat, Clint and I all in a truck, driving erratically around the snowy floors of the forest, shooting anyone that was in our path. Clint was up top with his trusty bow and arrow giving us extra support.

I gripped my gun and shot as many guards I could as we were driving at such a high speed. However, I was distracted when I noticed a Hydra car come to the side of us with a highly powered machine gun that would be aimed at Nat. So, I hopped out of my seat, standing on my chair before I gripped a grenade and threw it into the air allowing Thor to fly down and throw it directly into their truck, blowing it up.

I watched the god of Thunder in awe as he hit people easily with his hammer, a smirk on his face due to his love for conflict. I glanced down at Nat, and smiled at her concentrated face. When I knew it was safe, I sat back down and began shooting once again. "So honey, how's this date going so far?" I smirked, my question coming out ragged due to the fact that I was out of breath.

"I think it's going perfectly fine," Nat responded confidently. As we were fighting we suddenly heard a voice through the comms. "So Clint, how does it feel to be third wheeling down there?" Tony asked, causing a snort to be forced from me. Before anyone could respond, Nat glanced at me and nodded in warning before she purposefully turned the truck causing it to go skidding on the snow. I jumped and landed in what I liked to call 'hero position'.

As soon as I stood back up, I pulled one of my swords from the holsters and began slicing into the enemies like butter. Not a nice thing to think about, but these swords were brand new and very sharp. As we were all fighting, I noticed Tony was struggling because there was some sort of force field around the Hydra base.

"Shit," Tony cussed in annoyance. "Language," Steve responded causing me to let out a chuckle, before I knocked over one of my enemies. Soon enough, I was back to back with Nat, fighting enemies and watching each other to make sure neither of us would get hurt.

As we were fighting, I noticed the boys arguing about the sceptre, and how to get it. "Forget about the sceptre, I want their database," I announced in frustration. When I got no response from that because everyone was busy, I turned to my girlfriend. "I'm gonna go over there, are you okay here?" I asked. "Of course I am," she smirked before slimming her fist into an agent's neck.

"Got it," I chuckled and ran to my destination. When I arrived at a nearby tree, I took a deep breath ready for a quick break, when another agent jumped down from a tree and pointed his gun at me. I reflexively lifted my echo gun and shot him causing him to fall to the floor, his eyes wide open with fear. I noticed him pale and a loud scream came from his mouth as he covered his ears. "Cool!" I exclaimed in awe.

"Loki's sceptre must be here, Strucker couldn't hold the defences without it. At long last!" Thor announced. When I noticed I didn't specifically have any enemies in my vicinity, I turned to Nat to see her using her highly trained skills on the poor Hydra agents. "At long last is lasting a little long boys," she told them after she took down the final agent.

"Nat, please shoot me, I'll appreciate it," I said, my mouth practically falling to the floor. "Ladies, keep the flirting off the comms, some people might get uncomfortable *cough* Steve," Tony joked, causing me to laugh. Deciding to ignore the comment, Clint piped up, "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait, is someone going to comment on the fact that Cap just said, language?" Tony commented just as I approached another enemy. I tried not to laugh because I knew it would distract me from the fight, but a chuckle still escaped my mouth. "I know." Steve said. Then I heard a loud crash through the comms before Steve added, "it just slipped out."