20; bread

"So how'd it go with Sana?" Jeongyeon asked as she took the bread out from the oven.

Tzuyu sighed. "Not as well as I had hoped."

"And why is that - ooh ow!" Jeongyeon jumped as she hurriedly placed the hot tray of freshly baked bread on the table.

"Well," Tzuyu carelessly took a piece of bread. "Sana - ow! This is hot!" Tzuyu dropped it onto the table.

"You just wasted a piece of bread."

"I can still eat it." Tzuyu grabbed a piece of kitchen paper and used it to pick up the bread. "Anyways, Sana told me about her new girlfriend-"

"Hold up-" Jeongyeon looked at Tzuyu confused. "Girlfriend? As in, prison girlfriend?"

Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno. She never said they were girlfriends, but the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about Eunha - or Eunhe, or whatever the girl's name is - she seemed so happy."

Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't tell me - you still have feelings for Sana?!"

"W-what?! No-no way!" The Taiwanese girl stammered.

Jeongyeon smirked. "You do. Spill. Why?"

"I don't exactly have feelings for her. Just - lingering wants."

"Explain in baby terms to me." Jeongyeon sat down as she took off the oven mitts.

"Ok, so I may still have memories from when we dated, and it just made me want her again. I don't know, Jeong. I know it'll break me again but-"

"Of course it'll break you again. Look at Nayeon and Heechul. They're literally Momo's past, yet they're living in the same household."

"What does this have to do with me-"

"Explain, what happens when they're together."

Tzuyu rolled her eyes. "They're chaotic. Can't get along without wanting to strangle the others' throats."

"Exactly."

Tzuyu raised her eyebrow. "What are you trying to say?"

Jeongyeon leaned her head on her arm. "Tzuyu, you can't mix your past and your future together, hoping it will make the present."

"Explain THAT in baby terms."

"Hm. Let me see." Jeongyeon thought to herself as she took a bite of her bread. "Let me describe it like this: Nayeon is the past. Heechul is the future. Got it?" She looked at Tzuyu, who nodded immediately.

"Nayeon is Momo's past, something she's moved away from, but is still holding onto. Heechul is the future, something Momo is just about to grab and fly off with.

Now Momo can't exactly move together with her future, because her past is holding her down. Her past isn't allowing her to move on and experience a new life.

So she's just stuck in the present.

The present is bland. It's where you think "this can happen", but it never will, because you're not moving on.

At some point, Momo will have to let go of her past in order to move the future.

Just like your dreams.

Don't let something from the past hold you back from something or someone you love."

"I love how this was meant to be an explanation to why I shouldn't hold onto Sana anymore, but then it turned into an inspiration speech." Tzuyu laughed.

"But you understood what I meant, right?"

"Yeah, I get it. I have to move on from my past and go and find something new - my future."