Plan of Attack

Lorenzo had refused to help and Katherine had cursed him until she had run out of curses...and she also stopped because Alec handed her her coffee and had pecked her lips causing her to smile at him.

''I have to talk to Magnus.'' Katherine said as she and Alec walked towards her father figure's loft. Alec shot her an amused look ''That's why we are here.'' she gave him a look and knocked on the door.

Few seconds later the door was opened and the two stepped inside to see Magnus standing in his balcony with his back towards them. Katherine sighed and walked towards him with Alec behind her. ''It's been a day.'' Magnus greeted the couple and she titled her head in agreement as Alec leaned on the railing besides her.

''That it has.'' Katherine agreed.

''We have no leads on Lilith or Jace, no word on Clary.'' Alec added and she frowned as the smell of something burning reached her nose ''Did you set someone or something on fire?'' she asked Magnus who patted his head ''It's me.''

Katherine and Alec simply raised their eyebrows which made Magnus to further explain ''Things got a little heated during my talk with Lorenzo..I'm afraid the warlocks are not an option.''

''That's ...certainly not in our favor.'' Katherine sighed and Alec leaned even further on the railing and nodded his head slowly ''To say the least. So that's it...Jace is trapped in his own personal hell and we can't get him out.'' the Herondale placed her hand on top of his.

Alec exhaled slowly and again found himself leaning in her touch ''He asked us to kill him...he asked me to kill him.'' he looked at Katherine who's eyes softened ''Alec-'' '' No, Kate .Maybe we could have, maybe I could have killed him if I hadn't been selfish.''

''Oh, Alexander stop.'' Magnus frowned and spoke in a low voice.

Katherine squeezed his hand and Alec squeezed it back before he looked at her, she simply sighed as she saw the decision on his face  ''I am sorry, I shouldn't be saying this in front of you, he's after all your twin...'' ''I know, I know.'' she caressed his cheek.

Alec saw the pain, he always did see Katherine' s pain. He placed his hand on top of her's that was still caressing his cheek and pulled it down to his lips before kissing the tip of her fingers. ''I have to kill Jace. And I'll be damned if I let anybody else do it.''

Katherine gasped in shock even though she already knew that he was going to kill her twin ''Well obviously since I won't be able to do it.'' she tried to hide the pain but Alec heard it and immense guilt filled him.He simply pressed a kiss to her lips ''I'm sorry.'' he whispered and turned to walk away, knowing that if he'd stayed and looked into those blue eyes, he would change his mind.

''There is still a way for me to obtain enough power to cure him.'' Magnus said and Katherine looked at him in shock while Alec stopped before turning around with the same amount of shook on his face that his fiancee had.

''What? What is it?'' he asked Magnus who sighed ''My father.'' ''Asmodeus .'' Katherine said and realized what her father figure was talking about. 

~*~*~*~
''Did I mention how insane this is?'' Katherine asked as Magnus  drew the pentagram.

 Alec had left after he'd gotten a call from the Institute but he wasn't ready to leave Katherine alone and she had kissed him before telling him that she would be fine. He still hadn't been convinced and wouldn't have left had Katherine not reminded him that he was the head of the Institute.

''Yes, about like the tenth time now.'' he snorted when he found his own words funny while Katherine sighed ''It's been hundreds of years since you banished your father, what makes you think he'll listen to your request?''