32 - College

"Good afternoon, what brings you here?" A lady in a formal attire perching down on a swivel chair, asked the cat eyed girl in a plummy tone.

"The Dean invited me to visit the office last week, but I became too absorbed with my duties at the Student Council." Yeji took the pause to swallow the lump in her throat, the presence of the office was giving her chills. She never perceived herself entering the as she maintained her clean record.

"He's on his desk. Come inside."

Bowing her head to show respect, Yeji then proceeded sauntering towards the main door of the Dean. There, a man in his suit, wearing a tedium necktie, and his wrist was wrapped by a Patek watch inclined above his desk. She took a deep breath before finally stepping into the room.

"It's been a week, I supposed." The piercing words roared through Yeji's ears. "Punctuality is properly implemented at school, I didn't expect this from you, Hwang."

"I—" Yeji shortly zipped her lips.

"What the fuck, man. Stop fucking pushing—"

"Fuck you, just move—"

"Shut the fuck up, we're all screwed here—"

"Hey, Yeji." They all greeted her in unison.

The same three guys who forced her to give out the answers during the finals.

"You, three, stand up. I didn't ask anyone of you to sit, Yeji sit down."

It seemed like Yeji had an idea where this chatter was heading to and she was deadly nervous. "Someone from your class directly apprised me regarding the cheating incident happened during your finals." The cat eyed girl let out a direful sough. "And to my utmost surprise, you, Hwang Yeji, a thriving valedictorian student, was involved in it. What really happened?"

Yeji was fiddling with her fingers. Yes, she was embroiled to the snake pit. No, she got coerced with it, making her a victim. Thus, the tone of the Dean couldn't let her utter a word.

"Yeah, she actually gave us the answers."

"She even wrote it on a clean sheet paper."

"Yeji was such being nice and helped us."

"It's not true." Yeji softly spoke, "None of those was real." She lifted her chin up and eyed the Dean.

"Oh, come on. I still have the paper you gave me, Yeji. We're all going to get punished here."

"The photo I captured is still on my phone."

"I agree with them, uncle."

The Dean walloped his pen snaked within his fingers upon the table. That caught everyone's attention. "Are students allowed to use their electronic gadgets during examinations?"

He pointed at the guy in the middle. "Are students allowed? Yes or no?"

"Uncle—"

"Did I ask you? I'm the Dean."

"No. Any gadgets are not allowed, sir."

"Give me your phone." The man ordered and he obediently followed him. "You won't be getting back your phone until your parents come here. I don't care if you buy a new one or not. You'll never get this when you don't inform your parents. Understood?"

"Tell me what exactly happened, Yeji."

"I don't think freely giving and pressuring to hand out answers are equally the same, sir. I admit it was wrong of me to entertain them, but, I was only unwary of it."