21; coffee date

Nayeon sat up in Jeongyeon's bed, now sober.

"I can't believe it." She sighed. "Chaeyoung can't be the evil one, can she?"

Jeongyeon shrugged her shoulders. "We'll never know. Not until today, at least."

"Also, we have worse problems on our hands." Nayeon looked up at the blonde girl.

"What can be worse than Chaeyoung being our unknown person?"

"The fact that one of our jobs was to make sure that Sana and Tzuyu wouldn't ever get near to each other. Or else Mina would get hurt."

"How can Mina get hurt if Chaeyoung's the unknown person? Chaeyoung wouldn't lay a hand on Mina." Jeongyeon stretched her arms out.

"That's what doesn't make sense, Jeong. If Chaeyoung were the unknown person, wouldn't she pick someone else to kidnap?" Nayeon told her.

"Maybe Mina was an easy target. Since Chaeyoung could just hide Mina away. Or that Mina and Chaeyoung worked together."

"And what would they want from Sana? They're not getting fame in any way."

"Maybe they want revenge on Sana for Tzuyu. After what Sana did to her."

"That's possible but-" Nayeon mumbled.

"Exactly. Mina and Chaeyoung were both mad that Sana suddenly left, leaving Tzuyu to fend for herself in a coma. That leaves motive."

"Since when did you become an investigator?" Nayeon leaned on the backbed.

"Since Sana came back." Jeongyeon combed her hair down. "It's been a month and two weeks since Sana came back. Look at the disaster that's unfolding before our eyes."

Nayeon nodded in response to Jeongyeon.

"Have you asked Minsoo yet about any more clues?"

"No." Jeongyeon shook her head. "Should we go to him today?"

Nayeon stood up and walked around to where Jeongyeon was standing. She wrapped her arms around Jeongyeon's waist as she huddled herself into the warmth of the taller's neck.

"Nayeon, answer me." Jeongyeon said as she felt Nayeon's lips on her neck, moving up and down slowly as she began to heavily breathe.

"Just one more round before we go?" Nayeon turned Jeongyeon's waist around, now with them just paper-thin distance apart.

Jeongyeon gulped as she nodded. "J-just one more round then."

*****

Jihyo took a sip of her coffee as she sat opposite Dahyun.

"This dog café is nice. It's so calming, and I love the dogs here." Jihyo smiled.

Dahyun grinned. "It's good, isn't it? I planned on taking Tzuyu here actually, but since she's a bit unwell and all, I couldn't. I'm glad you're here though."

Jihyo nodded as she took another sip.

"So how's your love life?" Jihyo asked Dahyun. The younger girl shrugged her shoulders and sighed.

"Non-existent." She opened the lid of her coffee cup. "I'm still waiting for that special someone, you know?"

Jihyo nodded. "Yeah. Especially with my career and all, I have no time to date, which really sucks if I'm being honest."

"Same here." Dahyun looked over at the lady at the counter.

Jihyo smirked. "What about her?"

Dahyun turned back to Jihyo and shook her head vigorously. "No, no, no. She's too pretty for me, probably already has a boyfriend or a girlfriend or someone." Dahyun went back to sipping coffee, her face now heavily tinted red.

"Hold on, I'll go order something."

Jihyo stood up and began making her way to the counter.

"Jihyo! Psst!" Dahyun called out, as Jihyo only winked at Dahyun and went to the barista.

"Hey." Jihyo smiled at the barista as she looked at her nametag. "I-rene? Is that your real name?"

Irene shook her head. "No, my real name is Joohyun, but everyone around here calls me Irene. Anything you'd like to order?"

Jihyo shrugged. "Not me, but my friend over there wants to order something."

Irene took out her notepad and a pen.

"Sure, what does she want?"

"Mm, let's say - a date with you?" Jihyo smiled.

Irene looked blankly at Jihyo, and then back at Dahyun, and then back to Jihyo.

"I mean, customer service, am I right?" Jihyo smiled.

*****

Jihyo sat back down with a muffin and an iced Frappuccino, and smiled to herself, humming a song.

"What did you say?" Dahyun asked, taking a piece of the muffin. "You didn't mention me, did you?"

"Nothing bad." Jihyo shrugged her shoulders. "And no. I just ordered an Iced Frappuccino and a blueberry cupcake." She sipped the drink through a paper straw. "These straws get so wet easily, eugh."

"Oh thank god." Dahyun felt relieved as she took another bite.

"And-"

"And what?"

"I also ordered you a date, tomorrow at noon." Jihyo winked.

Dahyun stared open-mouthed at Jihyo, who was so calm as she partook in her food.

"Also, bring Tzuyu. She loves dogs."

"W-what?!" Dahyun exclaimed, flabbergasted.

Jihyo smiled at the other one's shock. "Have a fun date!"
________________________________________

A/N

Do you agree with Jeongyeon? How she says that Chaeyoung and Mina do have a motive?

Hint: but why would they want to hurt Tzuyu in the process? unless Tzuyu is part of their plan too?

Happy reading!

- MisoMina💜