28; the tracker

The three sat in the car in complete silence as they drove past everywhere, trying to search through alleyways.

"This is the quietest it's been since I've known you two." Jihyo said in the utter silence. "Funny how losing the person you love makes you shut up."

They both glared at her as she shuffled back in her seat.

"Wrong timing, I get it."

Heechul slammed his hand on the driving wheel. "I don't get it. Who was she meeting for this to happen?"

Nayeon shrugged. "I have no idea. But we have to find her soon."

Jihyo stared out the window as they continued their journey in silence, driving around nowhere.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Jihyo turned to face Heechul's mirror.

He shrugged as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "Nope. I'm running out of fuel, I've literally been going in circles."

Nayeon pointed forward. "There's a gas station up ahead, let's go there."

Heechul nodded. "Alright."

"See, you're finally getting along!" Jihyo laughed. "Took long enough."

They both glared at her again as she went back to staring out the window.

Heechul parked in a bay as he got out to put the petrol in, and Nayeon faced Jihyo.

"You wouldn't mind getting us food, right? Since we had that counselling and all, we didn't make the onion soup so I'm starving."

Jihyo opened the car door. "Alright, I'll be quick."

Nayeon looked at Heechul and then turned back to Jihyo. "You don't need to be quick, I think he's struggling in adulting at the moment. Take your time."

Jihyo chuckled as she walked over to the gas station, looking at the array of food.

She looked at the fridge, which had some to-go foods to eat.

"Tteokbokki." She smiled to herself as she was about to pick up the last box.

Suddenly, another hand came for that same box.

"Excuse me?" Jihyo looked up. "I got here first."

"No you didn't." A guy answered back.

Jihyo scoffed as she looked up at him. "I'd like you to know that I WILL fight for my food, take it or leave it."

"And I'll have you know that I always win, so hand it over."

"Not a chance, boy."

Jihyo laughed as she grabbed it and tackled past him, and ran off to the counter, pulling out her card.

The guy sighed as he picked something else.

"That was smart, I'm not even gonna lie." He laughed as he pulled out his money.

Jihyo nodded. "I'm tactical. And also fast - I think."

"I can tell." He chuckled as he raised his eyebrow. He took his food back from the cashier and said a thank you before exiting with Jihyo. "Is that your friend over there?" He asked as he pointed at Heechul, who seemed to be struggling with the petrol.

Jihyo nodded. "It's been 5 minutes and he still hasn't sorted it out."

"I'll go help him." The guy smiled.

"Alright, I'll be in the car."

*****

Nayeon laughed as Heechul huffed driving, a little big angry.