32; mysterious

Heechul stepped out of the car, following Nayeon and Jihyo who had began walking away.

"Tell me why we're here at the bomb site at 2am again. Is this not illegal?" Heechul wondered as the two girls stood still.

Nayeon nodded. "It is, but I'm trying to find something."

"Which is?" Heechul folded his arms over.

"I'm looking for a bracelet."

Heechul watched as Nayeon jumped over the crime scene line as as she looked through the piles of bricks and beams.

"What bracelet? Do you know that it's gonna take forever, rummaging through these bricks?" Heechul commented. He turned to look at Jihyo. "And what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to evaluate something." Jihyo squinted as she looked at a single brick. "Hold on, there's something underneath it."

Jihyo pulled out a phone, which seemed as if it was partially burnt from the bomb.

"It's Tzuyu's phone." Jihyo tried to turn the phone on.

"And how would you know that?" Heechul wondered as he walked towards her.

"It's her phone case. Dogs." Jihyo chuckled to herself. "Also because she has a sticker of a panda at the front of her phone."

"Doesn't that mean that's she dead? Since her phone is here?"

Jihyo shook her head. "Most cases, she probably left it when she was in a rush. She usually always forgets her things."

"AHA, FOUND IT!" Nayeon screamed from another pile of bricks. She pulled out a silver bracelet that had one blue gemstone in it.

"Is that all you came to look for?" Heechul asked. "This is illegal. Nayeon, you were a manager of a famous actress, and Jihyo, you're a singer. You do realise that this can be very scandalous?"

"Do I care?" Jihyo cocked an eyebrow.

"Okay, I assume that you don't." He turned to Nayeon. "So what's so special about that bracelet anyways?"

Nayeon chuckled as she walked up to Heechul and Jihyo, making sure to not trip over the bricks.

"This bracelet, my dear friends, is what will get us our explanation as to what happened before the bombing."

"...how?"

"It has two things. A motion sensor, and a recorder." Nayeon laughed. "This bad baby is strong for sure."

"Let's go home and investigate it." Jihyo placed Tzuyu's phone in her pocket.

"Hold on, if Tzuyu's phone is here, then Dahyun's phone must be here too."

Nayeon rummaged through the pile and picked up a burnt phone. "Let's get it!"

*****

"So how exactly does this bracelet work?" Heechul asked as he twirled the bracelet around his finger.

"I asked Jeongyeon to input some devices that can help us learn her whereabouts so that we can keep her safe. I gifted it to her about a week after Sana went to prison, and it collects all the data of when she takes it off, it records her conversations and it also can track her location."

"This sounds more stalkerish than smart." Jihyo told her.

Nayeon shrugged. "I just want to keep her safe."

"Should we listen to it?"

Both Heechul and Jihyo nodded.

"EVERYBODY GET OUT, A BOMB IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!" Tzuyu called out.

Dahyun's murmurs to Irene could be heard as the SD card played the audio on that day.

"Hold on, go backwards more, find out how they knew that a bomb was about to explode." Jihyo repeatedly tapped the computer screen.

"That is quite suspicious." Nayeon commented as she scrolled back, eventually pressing the spacebar again.

"You're still taking medication, right?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Come on, Tzuyu! You can't be skipping out on both your sessions and your medications. I understand not doing your sessions, but not taking your medications? That's just-"

A ding came from a phone.

"Thank god, an interruption."

"You mean an intervention. And, hold on, my phone vibrated too."

There seemed to be another moment of silence as both of the girls didn't say a word.

"Did we get the same text?"

"If it's about a bomb exploding, then yes."

"How many seconds does yours say?"

"30. Yours?"

"It's now 25. Quick we have to warn everyone."

"I don't think we have much time, Tzuyu. Let's just gather all the people we can and-"

Nayeon paused as she pressed the spacebar.

"Is there anyway we can get into their phones to check the text?" Heechul asked. "We might be a step closer to finding whoever took Momo."

Nayeon nodded her head. "Jeongyeon will know, let's go."

*****

Tzuyu woke up with a fright as she found herself in an unknown area.

"W-where am I?" She shakily asked.

Irene entered the room. "Oh, good, you're awake."

Tzuyu rubbed her head as Dahyun snored on the mattress next to her.

"What happened after the bomb exploded?" Tzuyu asked. "I don't remember anything."

"You fainted when we were running away. Dahyun and I had to bring you here, to my house."

Tzuyu sat up immediately. "The kid- how is he?"

Irene nodded her head slowly. "He's fine. Although, I doubt he'll be okay on his own. He lost his mum in the bombing."

Tzuyu gulped. "So no one else survived?"

Irene shook her head. "Not that I know of."

"My phone, where is it?" Tzuyu asked as she looked around the mattress.

"You must have left it at the bombing site."

Tzuyu then looked at her wrist. "And my bracelet from Nayeon. Oh god, how'd I lose it too?"

Irene chuckled as she began to head out. "You can stay here for the day, I don't think going out is good for any of us at the moment."

Tzuyu nodded as her hands shook. "I don't want to go out. I'm scared. What-what if next time the bomb does get me?" Tzuyu closed her eyes. "I don't want to think about it."

Irene smiled lovingly at the Taiwanese girl.

"It's 3am now. Get some sleep, I don't think being awake will help at the moment."

"Thanks, Irene."

Irene only smiled as she closed the door.

Tzuyu looked back at Dahyun's sleeping face.

Does everyone think we died? Does Sana know I'm alive, or does she think I'm dead? Tzuyu thought.

She closed her eyes as she tried to get back to sleep, only to hear the haunting sounds of the screams around her.

And she couldn't sleep, not a bit.