🔷 27 - Lose 🔷

(WARNING ⚠️: Contains ANGST. Please read this at your own risk.)

====================================

Time flies so fast, and it was already late in the afternoon. But the sun that was gleaming earlier in the morning, was soon replaced with a very stormy weather. Heavy rains came down splashing from the dusky clouds from above, with the sound of thunder rumbling and lightning crashing.

Inside a dimmed room, a boy who was seated on the corner of his room could be seen, his lifeless eyes staring straightly at a wall while hugging both of his knees to his chest.

He stayed in that position for the whole morning until this time, and he hadn't moved from his spot ever since his big brother left the house.

The atmosphere around him was very moody, and only the teeming raindrops from the outside of his window could be heard. But only the wind elemental could make out was the voice in his mind spatting negativities at him. But mostly, it's the few words that he heard from his big brother's lips that day.

"I hope your sickening smile will fade away."

"... fade away."

"... fade away."

'You wanted my smile to disappear, huh?' The thought made Angin clenched his teeth in distress. 'Today's your special day, big brother. Your wish has finally granted.'

Ever since then, never once he formed a smile on his lips like he usually does to tell people that he's fine and that, they wouldn't have to worry about him. That formerly smile which indicates his happiness before, turned into a grief-stricken, heavy-hearted one.

Mostly, he couldn't forget those two incidents that took place, and it kept repeating inside his mind. That incident where his Dad left them. Then, that heartbreaking scene with Lucky that he still couldn't accept until this day.

"I'd already lost Dad... Why would I have to lose you too, Lucky...?" He mumbled softly, as he tightened his hug on his knees.

For Angin, the hardest battle to ever encounter is between what you know in your head, and what you feel in your heart.

All he could feel right now, were loneliness, grief, pain, and sadness. He couldn't somehow changed those four emotions he has right now. Its feelings are so unbearable, especially when they're all happening at the same time.

Though, he was not afraid of losing himself anymore since, for him, he feels like a useless, piece of trash whom he thought he actually had a purpose in his life. But instead, he hoped that someone out there...

... is afraid of losing him.

<> <=> <>

Meanwhile, Air, with his friend Cahaya, were still trying to make their lightning elemental friend, Petir, to just choose them instead of his little brother. They kept telling him that his little brother's not his business anymore. But, Petir still doesn't want to give in.

"Besides, you and your little brother always see each other at home, right? So, it's not really a big deal to decide who are you going to choose between us." Cahaya added, a wicked chuckle escaped from his lips.

There was a moment of silence between his two friends, which made the water elemental to groan internally in irritation.

"So?" Air uttered, one of his feet started to tap on the ground impatiently with crossed both of his arms on his chest, as he broke the deafening silence between the two.

'Hurry up, Lord of Thunder! Classes are about to start!' He wanted to spat that thought on Petir's face, as his temper started to rise up.

Not for long, their lightning elemental friend spoke up. "Fine..." He said, as he clenched his teeth annoyingly while eyeing at both of his so-called best friends. "You want me to choose? Of course, I'm choosing my little brother!" He answered back, making both Cahaya and Air's eyes widened in shock.

The light elemental glared intensely at his lightning elemental friend. "Right... If that's your final answer, then don't be friends with us anymore..." He remarked, with his hands starting to clench into fists while he stared at Petir.

The latter scoffed from his response. "I don't care! Because, family comes first! And also, don't you guys have little brothers like me? For once in your life, have you care a single thing about your youngest siblings? Have you seen where they were struggling at? Have you given them enough attention they needed? Support? Love? Because I didn't!" Petir snapped, heaving a heavy sigh afterwards.

"And, I'm going to make all my mistakes I've done right, for him..." He added, turning his back on them and walked away.

After that entire argument they had, Air's senses finally became sharp, as realization hit him hard both on his face, then through his chest.

This whole friendship he has with Cahaya only made him more careless and insensitive to his young brother. He just felt so stupid and guilty. Oh, how he should've realized it sooner...

Why did he even became friends with him in the first place? He thought.

With that, Air slowly looked at Cahaya, whose face looked so shock as ever. He then shook his head, feeling so disappointed to himself. Afterwards, he also turned his back on his once light elemental friend, leaving him alone like what Petir did to them.

Air still couldn't believe what he'd done. Because of his friend's influence, he became a heartless big brother infront of his younger brother. He totally lost it, and currently, he doesn't know how he could apologize to his own brother, since he just hurt his feelings. He just hurt him completely.

But nevertheless, he needed to bring his brotherly relationship with his little brother back, no matter what.

He just doesn't like to lose another important person in his life, like they just lost their father in their family.