42; skipping stones

[One Year Later]

"Jihyun!" Tzuyu called out, chasing the boy across the lavish apartment. "Come back, it's your bedtime!"

"No!" The little boy giggled as he sprinted away.

Tzuyu stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"There are times where I wonder if the bomb made the boy this energetic. Gave him some sort of power or something." Tzuyu huffed.

Sana walked over to the tired Tzuyu and kissed her cheek.

"Or maybe it's all the ice cream you've been allowing him to eat lately." Sana replied.

When Tzuyu survived the bomb, she had taken a little boy with her, and saved him.

Since his mum died, Heechul and Momo were now the adopted parents of the boy, and Tzuyu and Sana were the godparents.

They often babysat him when Momo and Heechul went away for business trips.

The problem was, Jihyun was really energetic, compared to his two godparents who hated to run.

"If you don't come right now, I'll tell your dad that you can't go with them to Japan next month!" Sana called out.

The boy walked over to them with a droopy face.

"Please don't tell dad. I want to go to Japan with mama next month."

"Go to sleep, and I'll think about it." Sana demanded.

The boy immediately ran over to his bed, and jumped in.

Tzuyu flopped onto the sofa. "So you just have to blackmail the boy to get him to do something you want, huh?"

Sana nodded. "Yup."

Tzuyu sighed. "Sana, I've been wondering. Why don't we adopt our own child? I really want one. I'm eager to look after a child. I love Jihyun, and he means so much to me, but I also want a child for us."

"You know we could have had Jihyun if we had gotten married instead of Heechul and Momo." Sana told her.

"Yeah, but you know we're both busy with our careers now."

"I guess so."

Sana paused for a moment.

"You remember the night we met? When you took me home?"

Tzuyu nodded. "Yeah, I remember. That was like, over two years ago."

Sana laughed. "It's been a long time."

"So, what did you want to ask?"

"When I woke up, you sort of blackmailed me. You told me that you wouldn't tell me whether or not we had slept together."

"You're still not over that?! Sana, it's been over two years and we still sleep together now! Why is it on your mind?" Tzuyu asked.

"Because I want to know."

Tzuyu sighed.

"To answer, no, we did not sleep together."

"Oh, thank god Jihyo."

"But-"

"I take that back." Sana gulped.

"You kissed me. It was unexpected, but you kissed me. That's all."

Sana opened her eyes wide. "What?"

"Yeah. We had our first kiss way before our... actual first kiss."

Sana shook it off. "That's surprising."

Then there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get that." Tzuyu ran up and opened it, letting Mina, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo in. "Where's Dahyun?"

"She's out on a date with Miss Korea." Nayeon answered. "Where's Momo?"

"In Philippines with Heechul. They're having a business trip there, so the kid's with us." Tzuyu closed the door behind her as the girls sat on the sofa. "They're coming back in the morning, so it's our last day with Jihyun."

"Drinks?" Sana walked up to the fridge. The girls all nodded, and Sana brought a pack of Soju to the table.

Then there came another knock.

"Are you expecting anyone else, Tzu?" Sana asked her.

Tzuyu shook her head. "No... but I'll go check."

Tzuyu opened the door, letting Minsoo, Dahyun, Irene, Rose, Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa, Momo, Heechul and Seulgi in.

"...why are you all here?" Sana questioned the large pack.

"We saw Dahyun, Irene, Rose and Jennie having a double date at a restaurant when we arrived from the airport. We decided to invite them here. Minsoo, Seulgi, Lisa and Jisoo all came on their own accord." Heechul told them.

"Drinks up!"

*****

Sana and Tzuyu woke up in the morning, after a whole night of drinking.

Tzuyu tried to stand up, but was blocked when Sana stopped her by wrapping her legs around Tzuyu.

"No." Sana pouted.

Tzuyu slid back into the bed. "I have to go to the toilet."

"No." Sana cutely answered. "Say I love you first."

"I love me." Tzuyu teased.

"Say it."

"I love Jihyun."

"No, you love me."

"You love me."

"We'll break up." Sana argued.

"No we won't." Tzuyu kissed her forehead. "I'm just teasing you, I love you."

"I love you too."

Sana caressed the other girl's face as they both smiled at each other, the sunlight creeping in through the curtains.

Even if they had problems in the past, things were alright now.

Everything's alright.