Kirishima's Concern

Izuku ran back to the classroom, grabbed his backpack, and left. He didn't look where he was running and suddenly found himself back at the dorms.

He looked at the woodland area behind the dorms.

~

Kirishima looked at Monoma, "Are you okay?  What really happened?"

Monoma rubbed his throat, "Of course I'm not okay, he attacked me!"

"I need to talk to Midoriya." Kirishima concluded, running off to find Izuku.

There's no way Monoma is telling the truth.  He's trying to make Midoriya the bad guy.  He wouldn't attack him without any reason.

He checked the cafeteria and didn't see him.  He asked Iida and Uraraka if they saw him recently and they said they hadn't.  He ran to the classroom and saw that all of Midoriya's stuff was gone.

Okay, I'll check the dorms.

Kirishima was starting to get worried.  He'd seen Midoriya's puffy red eyes, and the way he was hyperventilating before he ran off.  Something was clearly wrong.  He needed to find him quickly.

He made it to the dorms, but the doors were still locked.  So, he's not here?  He took a moment to catch his breath and sat on the steps.  He flinched when he heard a howl.  His attention turned towards the woods.

He stood up and walked cautiously, toward the sound, a wolf?  In Japan?

He tensed when he saw a yellow backpack leaning against one of the trees.  Midoriya's backpack.  His thoughts turned to worry.  He knew Midoriya could handle himself, he was a strong guy after all, but what if he wasn't paying attention, and he got attacked?

He heard the howl again, much louder then before.  He didn't think twice before sprinting in to find his classmate.  He ran a couple of steps before stopping and widely looking around, listening for him.

Something was running.  He could hear twigs snapping.  A rabbit zoomed past him, which caused him to jump.  He tried to calm his heart rate when he realized it was just the small animal.

He heard twigs snapping again.

In a split second, Kirishima was pinned to the ground by two big, fluffy green paws.  The wolf snarled in his face, droll dripping from his muzzle.  Kirishima hardened his skin in fear that he would be attacked, but his fear eased quickly.  The beast wasn't snarling in anger.  It just looked scared.

Kirishima bravely stared into its eyes.  This wolf... has the same scar as Midoriya does.  Could it really...?

The monster started growling, and Kirishima squeezed his eyes shut.

The large weight that had been holding him down, suddenly lessened.  He cracked his eyes open and saw Izuku holding him down instead.  He was crying.  It was almost like... he didn't see him.

"Midoriya..." he said softly, trying not to startle him.

Izuku slid off of Kirishima and sat on the ground next to him.  He was sobbing.

Kirishima sat up and immediately placed his hand on Izuku's back, "Woah, calm down."

"I messed up!" he screamed, digging his fists into his hair.

Without even thinking Kirishima wrapped his arms around him, "Breathe.  Breathe.  Hey, look at me!" he commanded.

Izuku moved his unfocused eyes to Kirishima.  Kirishima smiled brightly at him, "It's okay, you're okay!"