Chapter twelve | The Battle of Starcourt Part 1

"do you guys hear that?" someone whispered from behind Valerie who still couldn't see anything but darkness. They approached a railing and below they could see four men with guns looking around. Valerie felt Max's hand slip into her's calming her nerves, Eleven quickly jumped into action using her powers she threw the car that was on display right at the men. Valerie flinched at the loud noise completely terrified as she had no idea where she was or what was happening.

She didn't have time to worry as he was immediately dragged down the stairs, she didn't know what exactly was happening until she was tackled to the ground.

"holy crap! you will not believe the week I've had!" the blindfold was ripped from her eyes and she came face to face with her sister who was straddling her legs., she took this time to look around and could finally tell where she was.

"Ohh we're at the mall. oh shit, I wasn't supposed to know that."

"Lucas? Valerie?" she looked behind Hope and saw her youngest cousin standing there

"what are you doing here?" both her and Lucas asked

"ask them it's their fault," she pointed in the direction of Steve and Robin. "true yeah it's absolutely our fault," Steve admitted.

"I don't understand what happened to that car?" Robin asked looking almost as confused as Valerie. "El has superpowers, so does Valerie," Dustin answered her. "I'm sorry?" she asked. "superpowers she threw it with her mind, c'mon catch up,"

"that's El?" Erica wondered pointing to the girl.

"who's El?"

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"I'm Robin I work with Steve," Robin answered. "she cracker the top secrete code," Dustin told them and Valerie's confusion grew. "it's how we found out about the Russians," Steve added on just making Valerie's head spin more. "Russians what Russians?"

"the Russians!"

"those were Russians!"

"some of them,"

"I'm so confused!" Valerie dramatically explained earning a few eye rolls from the group

"did you guys not get my code red?"

"We did but we couldn't hear a damn thing you were saying, Dustin!" They began to bicker on and off about low battery not noticing El walking away from the group until she fell over.

"oh shit!" they all ran over to her quickly and began asking what was wrong.

"My leg, my leg," she painfully muttered out and the gently pulled the bloody cloth off her leg to repeal a nasty wound with something inside. "that's nasty!" suddenly the thing inside began to violently move causing her to yell in pain.

"Someone needs to get that thing out of her now!" Valerie screamed and Jonathan nodded and quickly stood up and ran to into one of the stores.

"you know it's not actually that bad, there was the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and like the whole bone came out, six inches or something it was insane," Robin ranted nervously as the rest of the group just stared at her. "Robin," Steve said getting her attention. "yeah," she answered breathlessly. "you're not helping," he told her and she looked down embarrassed. "I'm sorry,"