Chapter 7

I am not a zombie that will eat your brain through the screen.
So come by, say hello, vote and comment on this story.
I would be obliged.

That night. It was quite late when she came with Mohsin. It was round about 10pm. Streets were silence and empty as wind howled around their car.

Amarha sat in the backseat as Mohsin pulled on the end of the road from where she had to walk down her street. He looked back at her and she thanked him for this virtue. Stepping down she spotted Zavair already there. He offered Mohsin to come inside and have a cup of tea with them as it was slightly cold outside.

He courteously declined the offer saying his mother would be waiting at dinner for him. After he retired to his respective home, both siblings walked in. "It would be good if you call me rather than coming with him. I am actually alive."

"C'mon. Not you." She elaborated out of annoyance. But deep down somewhere she knew he was fine.

"Neighbourhood. You know." He professed, bolting the main gate.

She gave him a wry smile before she was gone in the stairs.

NEXT MORNING THEY ATE their breakfast together. Like usual it was prepared by Maryam and Mishal. Amarha again was out of sight. Appearing on the eleventh hour was her thing. Shahzad asked over and over about his daughter not present on the breakfast. Just the second they heard someone stomping down the stairs. It was Amarha in royal blue abaya with off-white hijab around her head.

They heard the horn of automobile next second. Her pick-up service was here.

"Oh my! Amarha. You haven't taken a bite yet. You haven't even taken a seat let alone bite." Shahzad exclaimed. "Now hurry up. Let me ask him for five minutes so that you take something inside your empty stomach."

"No. Abba don't. Uncle would be so mad." She had a bite of her toast as she got up, scrapping the chair a bit.

"You should go. Who knows if your uncle leaves you and then someone's brother have to take you again." Mishal witted wickedly as she stuffed a morsel into Khadijah' mouth.

Amarha could feel the weird air grow around them but she let go. She determined to ask her later for her nasty remarks. For now she had to catch on her work.

When she reached their, she had a round of the patients that she were working upon. She checked their files one by one in the ward and made sure everyone had their morning drips. Yousaf wasn't her patient, Mohsin was the one supervising him. His bed was in the start of the ward. Walking out Amarha's eyes fell on him. Who was now seated by having pillow under his back and probably drinking some water.

She stopped and walked to his bed. "Asslam Alaykum."

"Walaikum Asalam." An attendant spoke and stood up from the chair. The other one just kept sitting on the end of bed and turned to see her. Yousaf however merely looked up at her.

"I am doctor Amarha." She said with greeting eyes. Two lads were still looking at her whilst the patient looked away.

"Oh. So you were the one who called me?" Yameen spoke.

She scrutinised him for a while without letting him know. He looked in his early twenties. Amarha could say it easily from the boyish features he had that he had just stepped out of his teen years. "You must be Yameen."

He nodded. "He is our younger brother. Emir." Yameen introduced the lad seated on the bed with Yousaf to the doctor who just smiled at her for a nanosecond. He was somewhat eighteen or nineteen years old.