three

My eyes snap open to the sound of a loud scream. I sit up from my uncomfortable position and try to take in my surroundings.

My blurry eyes could make out three standing figures and one on the floor, writhing in pain.

I look down at the hard lab table I was laid on, a stack of papers acting as my pillow.

I furrow my eyebrows as I see Tyler on the floor, with bright yellow eyes and Caroline by his side.

"Good morning, love. How was your nap?" A familiar voice asks, stepping over towards me.

"Is Tyler okay?" I ignore the man, turning to look at Caroline.

The blonde nods with a grateful smile as she holds the boys head in her lap, comforting him.

"He's gonna be fine." Caroline mumbled, her eyes only flickering up at me momentarily before focusing back onto the werewolf. Or should I say hybrid?

"Lucky for you, I was feeling kind and decided against snapping your neck after you disobeyed me." Klaus cut in, making me direct my eyes to his cold ones.

I flinch at his harsh words and look at him with fear and shock.

"Such a shame." Rebekah sighs sarcastically.

"Wheres Elena?" I ask cautiously.

"Just doing a little charity work, no worries. The doppelgänger is alive and somewhat well." He says with a dimpled smirk.

My tense body somehow relaxes at the news. Nobody was dead. Tyler wasn't killed during transition and Elena wasn't sucked dry by her (ex??) boyfriend. Just girly things.

My mind flashes back to Dana and Chad. Their fear and how they couldn't express it with cries or even beg for their lives. When I looked into their eyes I could see how painful everything was.

"Now cmon, Love. Off to the hospital we go." The man said, grabbing my forearm and motioning towards his sister.

"Hospital?"

"So the doppelgänger isn't the problem. Her blood is the solution." Rebekah asks as I stand between the two siblings, casually eating a pack of peanut m&ms.

"Seems so."

"How did you know?"

"Well, you know how much the original witch hated me. Do you honestly think I would do anything other than the opposite of what she says?"

I always heard about the original family, the first ever vampires to exist. But I never knew there was such thing as an original witch.

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you."

The two continued to chat. I felt awkward, I didn't really know what we were doing outside of the hospital. I knew Elena was inside doing something.
I didn't really know what was going on half this night.

Instead of asking questions I decided to just listen and munch on the snack.

"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her fail-safe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..."

"Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species."

"Leaving me alone for all time."

"Is that what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids? You just don't want to be alone?" Rebekah says, almost sounding concerned about her brothers plans.

Can't believe this man is just lonely and decided to create a whole species. Talk about a lotta free time.

"What I want is to take my girls, take my hybrid and get the hell out of this one-pony town. You know, why don't you, uh, why don't you get the truck? I'll get Elena." Klaus announces, making his sister zoom off.

"uhm... girls?" I ask, almost choking on the m&m in my throat as I cocked an eyebrow at the man. I thought he got what he wanted. He figured out how to create hybrids why is trying to pull off a triple kidnapping.

This guy is definitely lonely.

"You make great leverage, little one. Elena will come with me willingly if she knows I have you." He says as another deep voice steps in.

"Mmm... I don't know about that one." Damon says, making me jump slightly. What was it with vampires just popping out of nowhere and talking as if they're apart of the convo.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up to the party." Klaus smirks at the familiar, raven haired vampire.

"Scarlett." He says, making eye contact and casually motioning for me to walk next to him.

As I begin walking to him my arm is grabbed again. I shake off the rough arm as I wince in pain.

"Seriously dude you've had my arm in a death grip all night." I say as I lightly rub the bruised area.

"Oh I'm sorry, love. I forgot how easily humans bruise." He smirks down at me as my eyes bore into his. Yaknow, he might be a murderer but his smile was pretty.

"That little human will be coming with me. Im guessing Elena's inside?" Damon raises an eyebrow at the man, his eyes snapping away from me.

"Elena? Ah, she's making a donation to a greater cause." Klaus muses, placing a hand on my shoulder (thankfully a lot softer than usual.)

Damon then rolls his eyes before turning on his heel to casually walk into the hospital. Suddenly Klaus flashed before him.

"I'm afraid I can't let you interfere, mate." He says.

"You'll have to kill me." Damon almost grunts, keeping eye contact.

"Oh, I would love to kill you, but I made a pledge to your brother, and unlike him, I keep my word. Although, you know what, thinking about it now, he probably doesn't care that much anymore." He says before roughly shoving Damon against the hood of a car, looking as if he were about to rip his heart from his chest.

"Klaus stop." I gasp and take a few steps forward making the curly haired vampire momentarily glance at me.

"Don't you want to know about your friend Mikael?" Damon's strained voice breaks our eye contact. I see the man noticeably tense at the name as he turns back to Damon.

"What do you know about Mikael?" Klaus growls.

I heard of the man. The vampire who hunts vampires. Kinda hypocritical. Don't see the big deal though. Wasn't this guy just bragging about how strong he was to me.

"Just that he knows you're here." Now it was Damons turn to smirk.

"You're bluffing."

"Katherine and I found him. Consider it our leverage." Damon says slyly before being thrown against another car. I hear a woosh and a gush of wind before looking up to just see Damon.

"Well that clears that up." He smirks, dusting himself off and holding his hand out for me.

I take his cold hand and begin walking with him towards the hospital.

What a night.