{1⁶} {THE HULK, THE ENGINE ROOM, AND THE GOD}

∆ {1⁶} {THE HULK, THE ENGINE ROOM, AND THE GOD} ∆

GLASS SHATTERED SOMEWHERE above Roxi as she was thrown to the floor from the shockwave of the blast, slamming her head off of the (thankfully) padded ground. Even so, the impact made her head spin, and to add to it, alarms began blaring over the helicarrier. She got up as quickly as she could, her hand gripping so tightly onto the quarterstaff that her knuckles were paling to white, and Roxi thanked herself from being overprepared as she felt the metal of the pistol she'd taken as a precaution before coming down to the training room. It didn't help that she didn't have any comms and couldn't tell what was going on, so she decided to check on the closest engine room first; if more than one engine went down, so did the whole ship. 

As she began to make her way down the corridors, she was slightly surprised at how steady she was on her feet, though she attributed it to adrenaline, not to her sturdiness. A few agents passed her hurriedly, trying to get to the bridge, which Roxi realised she probably should've done, but she continued on her path to the engine room. When she eventually reached the door, she pried it open slowly, hoping to make as little sound as possible. She made her way in, slipping between the silver pipes and girders, completely tense, each little sound causing her to whip around, even if it was the faint echoing of her footsteps. A few moments later, she heard the echoing of a voice she faintly recognised as Natasha's, talking to someone. Roxi made her way towards the sound, passing two mechanics who had been on their way to do the same thing she was. She faintly heard them try to tell her that she shouldn't carry on, but she ignored them and pushed past until she finally reached the scene.

Natasha's leg was trapped under a huge collapsed pipe, and she was sprawled on the metal floor, using her hands to support herself, her gaze trained on Dr Banner, who was not trapped and seemed to be struggling to control his anger.

"I swear on my life, I will get you out of this. You will walk away, and never ever-" Natasha began, her voice shaking as she banged the ground with her fist for emphasis, still struggling to pull her leg out. 

"Your life?!" Banner bellowed, his face becoming green and strained. A moment later, he sat up, on his knees, and let out a roar, his shirt ripping as he became the Hulk. Roxi ran forwards, causing Natasha to finally notice her presence, and reached the other Agent, grabbing her arms and pulling her out from underneath the twisted pipe as the Hulk stumbled off of the raised platform and down onto the floor of the engine room a little below. He slammed his fist into one of the water tanks, causing the lights to flicker and die, just as Natasha stood up and glanced at Roxi.

"You shouldn't be here," she reprimanded breathlessly.

"I make a habit out of being places I shouldn't," Roxi responded, much more steadily than Natasha. The Hulk turned around and caught sight of the two of them, his body shaking with rage, before he spun around, prompting Roxi to dash up the metal stairs, Natasha only a moment behind. Roxi just made it up on time, but the Hulk ripped the stairs out from under Natasha, causing her to flip over the railing and up onto the next level to avoid falling. They made their way into the vent system, moving in a crouched run, trying to avoid being seen. The Hulk ripped a panel out from under Roxi, who was now behind Natasha, who had managed to swing to safety using the railing. 

Roxi fell to the platform beneath, barely avoiding the Hulk's flailing hands and as she came into contact with the ground, she crouched low, and managed to duck and avoid every swing that came her way, infuriating Hulk even more, and quickly ran over to where Natasha was waiting, before the two scurried away through another of the ship's huge air vents. The Hulk let out a mighty roar, which Roxi could hear reverberating throughout the ship.