50: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"You're here!"

Benjamin stretched his arms forward on the top of his desk. His happy demeanor put off Joseph.

"Did you collect the corpses? You guys can at least do that."

"Of course, my knights are inspecting them now and afterwards we will throw them back so the beasts can do whatever they want with them. I have my grudges too but they are already dead, what more can I do? You already butchered them. But i am happy to see you, now I can put down some matters in my head. It is giving me so much anxiety."

Joseph look back on Benjamin's complexion before settling down comfortably on the sofa.

"You look like you had a great night though. Your complexion is glowing."

"Stop, please not that topic."

"But it is so rare that I am the one that is on the teasing side."

"Are you sure you have time to spare for me?

"Now that you mention it."

Joseph act like he is going to get up and bid his farewell.

"Okay! You win! Happy?!"

"Hmm.." Joseph did not respond but deep in side he is quite content he is getting a different kind of revenge for what happened in the past.

"Should we talk here or somewhere else?"

"Should we go to your old man's space then?"

"Oh come on!"

"But I am serious, we need his uptake on this matter don't we? And both of us, does not know the Heart Country than the old man himself."

Benjamin is irked by the idea but Joseph have a point. The matter at hand that been bothering Benjamin, involves the Heart Country the most.

....

"Oh, this is as far as I can go." Said by Joseph who feels there is a strong force not letting him further.

"Ah, wait here, I'll let Dia know."

Joseph entered the Emperor's chamber.

For Joseph, this is the first time he felt the restriction of the diamond seal barrier even though his Castle currently have two right now. To ease the restriction, the permission should be from the Diamond seal bearer or someone who is inside the barrier. Once one of the permission been granted, that person can go in and out at will.

Experiencing the restriction first hand made Joseph feel relieved that his daughter is really well protected as long as the girl stay inside the barrier and no one knows about the qualifications to get in. Though, because of his and the butler's busy schedule, the girl is by herself for a short time in the morning before her lessons or the diamond bearer comes to visit. The queen, Kaleid and even Lunard is voicing out that the tiny human needs a companion or an exclusive attendant, however he could not put his trust to just anybody.

Joseph suddenly felt comfortable, it seems that he received the permission to go into the barrier. Joseph proceed and open the door to the Emperor's chamber. The unknown poison in the Emperor's body is eating away his life little by little and is unable to leave his chamber anymore. It is weird feeling to see someone who he used to see the most powerful being walking on this planet, reduced to this state.

When Joseph entered the room, the little version of the two men is bidding his farewell.

"When are you going to teach the boy to be a normal human being."

Joseph then dropped the comment after seeing the boy using the window as the exit. The boy is probably on the way to Spade to visit the millenial princess.