part xxii.

We sat at the back of the quiet bus, side by side with JJ sprawled across both of our laps

We sat at the back of the quiet bus, side by side with JJ sprawled across both of our laps. His head on my lap, his body between us, and his legs on Sebastian's. The zoo had completely knocked him out. 

"So...?" I ask and nudge Sebastian slightly. He glances at me with a confused frown and I continue, "How was your first time going to the zoo?" 

"Well, I though it was great since I had the prettiest tour guide they had to offer." Sebastian smirks at me as I roll my eyes at his blatant flirtatious teasing. He scoffs, "Why do you do that?" 

I frown, "Do what?" 

"Laugh and roll your eyes when ever I compliment you?" Sebastian asks and I start giggling at him while shaking my head. Does he not hear the cheesiness himself? He literally oozes cheese. 

Sebastian Mercer the motherfucking cheese man. 

"Because it's coming from you." I scoff as Sebastian's smirk drops and in it's placed is a confused, slightly offended expression, "I'm not being mean. It's just that I bet my left ass cheek that you use the same lines on other girls. I get that you're just saying it because you're bored." 

His eyes soften and in the setting sun pouring in through the large bus windows, the color looked unearthly. 

He pauses for a second, "Kara, I'm not—" 

"Mmmm..." JJ mumbles as his head rolls over on my lap and I softly brace my hand on the top of his blonde hair, keeping him on my lap before he rolled off onto the dirty ass ground.

 That almost happened five minutes ago when the bus driver hit the breaks suddenly and we almost lost our grip on the small little boy. 

"It's fine, Seb." I laugh but I don't look up at him. Instead I stare down at JJ's adorable face, "It's not like I was expecting anything different, right?" 

"...Right." Sebastian agrees with an awkward nod as he frowns and gazes out the other window, away from me. I stare at the side of his glowing face, wondering if I said something wrong? Did I just hurt his feelings? 

We go back to being silent, the only thing heard was the monotonous hum of the bus as it drives us back to my apartment. I mean, it's not like I meant to hurt his feelings and besides, it's not like he even has any feelings. 

Isn't that what they say? Rich boys have no hearts. Not even money can give them love. 

"You three make a lovely family." The elderly lady two seats ahead smile as she stares over her shoulder at us.

"Who?" I ask as I glance over my shoulder only to find it was the back of the bus. Nice job, Kara. 

"You three of course. Such a lovely young couple and your son is so adorable." She grins sweetly as she points down at JJ on our laps.