Chapter 10: Workaholic

When the Avatar woke up she saw that Asami was already gone. 'Gahhh really. Woman you're killing me. I need to tell her this ASAP.' Korra thought to herself and she rolled her eyes stirring in bed. I'll go see her at lunch she thought. Since she wasn't planning on going to see Asami right away Korra decided to head back to sleep, but not before putting a note on the outside of her bedroom door that said 'under no circumstances should anyone bother the Avatar.'

Of course if there was a real emergency the staff would notify Korra but other than that the little note always had worked to make sure she wasn't bothered.

As if on que Korra woke up at 11 and decided to go get changed and give her hair a quick brush before heading out to see Asami. She had the chef cook her something to give to Asami before heading out. Korra knew if she brought Asami food with her to eat instead of asking to eat out there was a significantly better chance of her having enough time to tell Asami what was happening.

Korra arrived at Future Industries HQ and made her way up to the floor where Asami's office sat. Of course it was the only room on the floor other than her assistants area, the bathroom, and the mini bar that was filled with snacks and cucumber water.

Korra made her way to the assistants desk.

"Hey Sola!" The woman smiled up at the avatar and stood up. "Goodmorning Avatar Korra. Would you like to see Miss.Sato?" "Yes please. And Sola I told you you can just call me Korra." "And I told you only off the clock, and as you can see right now I'm working." Sola said and she went to Asami's door knocking.

"Come in" a muffled voice could be heard. Sola peaked her head in then slipped all the way inside leaving Korra by herself.

"Avatar Korra is here to see you Miss Sato." "Really? Um okay. Wait, what time is my meeting with the Interviewer from 'The Daily' newspaper?" "1 PM ma'am." "Okay up I'll talk to Korra on my way out I still have to grab stuff from downstairs before they get here." Asami said getting up from her chair and walking out of her office.

"Hi my love." She said going to Korra giving her a quick peck on the lips. "This is a surprise. Is something the matter?" "Nope. Just came to bring you lunch" Korra said holding up the bag that held their lunch. "Aw thank you baby. I'll just take this with me and eat a little bit before the newspaper gets here. You know you didn't have to come all this way to drop it off. You could have sent someone to bring it to me. Not that I mind you coming, it's a nice surprise. I like seeing your beautiful face." Korra blushed "Actually I was thinking I could eat lunch with you." "I'm sorry Korra but I'm swamped. I just don't have the time today. But I promise after everything I'll take you out for a nice dinner and I'll set up a whole week where we can have lunch dates alright?" Korra started to get frustrated and antsy.

"Asami I really need to talk to you. It's important." She said taking a hold of Asami's wrist as the CEO tried to slip away. "Is it life or death?" Korra shook her head. "Well no." "Okay then." Asami knew whatever it was it was at least important to Korra because she rarely ever said her full name. But she really didn't have time today to sit and eat with Korra. None that would allow for a conversation. "How about I make it home early and we can talk then?" The avatar wasn't supper happy with this but it was going to have to do.

"Alright I'll see you tonight love. We can talk then. I love you", she said giving Asami a kiss on her cheek before leaving.

When Korra returned home she made sure that the staff knew to have dinner ready for both Korra and Asami since she was planning on coming home early.

When the time came to eat Korra stayed near the kitchen waiting for Asami to come home. It had nearly been an hour and Korra decided to go in and get a glass of water. As she went into the fridge she saw that the food had already been put away from getting cold. She decided to take her plate out and eat. After heating it back up Korra began to eat. After another two hours passed and Asami still hadn't shown up, Korra decided to go to bed.

A little frustrated that Asami didn't keep her word, a little sad because she really did miss her girlfriend, but mostly disappointed.

Korra slipped into bed at 11:30, still no sign of Asami, and headed to sleep.

Asami rushed into the house at 11:45 and thought to herself 'Spirits I Hope Korra is still awake, I can't believe I was so careless and lost track of time.' But when she came in most of the lights had been off. She made her way to the bedroom and saw a sleeping Korra turned away from the wall.

Asami thought about waking Korra up to talk but decided against it. She changed and slipped into the bed dozing off within a few minutes.