five

a few more months passed, the couple almost graduating to high school. bokuto was at y/n's door, she opened the door with a charming smile on her face.

"hey hey hey!! happy one year baby!!" y/n exclaimed at the dual haired boy placing a kiss on his cheek.

he smiled and returned the kiss "happy one year! let's take a walk around the city!!"

they started walking around, the sunset gleaming on them. they stopped at a local cafe. they placed their orders and talked amongst themselves.

eventually, it turned into comfortable silence as they waited for their orders. y/n looked out the windows watching the cars and pedestrians walk past.

bokuto took a deep breath and spoke up. "oh y/n! i have something to give you" he pulled a small box out of his pocket and gave it to her.

she opened it up to see, a silver chain necklace, with an owl charm on the end, blue diamonds on the ears and feathers. she started to tear up. "you bought this? when was that? that was so long ago how did you remember?" she asked an abundance of questions.

"when we were at the food court!" he explained further "told you i had to go to the bathroom but i actually went back to the jewelry store to buy it. i thought today would be a good day to give it to you" he said smiling ear to ear.

y/n also fished something out of her pockets and placed it in his hands. "i know it isnt much but..." she trailed off again.

it was a metal bracelet, the couple's initials engraved in it. he smiled and kissed her forehead. "thank you, its beautiful. happy anniversary"

"happy anniversary"

❀❀❀

they finished their drinks while also admiring their newly received gift and continued to walk around the city. the sky getting dark. "are you ready for highschool? i dont think i am..." the h/c asked nervously as she placed a stray hair behind her ear.

"hey, dont sweat it, and besides we're both going to fukurodani! and i'll be by your side everyday. so theres nothing to worry about" he replied. y/n sighed in relief and wrapped her hands around his arm, and his around her waist.

after a few more minutes of walking they started to hear a commotion from further up the street. out of curiosity, they jogged to see what was happening.

a little boy in the middle of the road, unsure of what to do and a mother screaming for him. he was in the middle of the crosswalk. the couple and the people around were in shock. the cars weren't able to see the little boy so they kept driving.

there was a moment where no cars were on y/n's and bokuto's side. y/n took this opportunity and ran towards the boy.

"y/n!! what are you doing?!" bokuto yelled in shock. y/n reached the little boy safely and picked up the boy. "its gonna be okay" she smiled at him, calming him down and turning to the mother of said child, waiting for the cars to stop.

once the road was clear, y/n started to walk towards the mother.

suddenly a car zoomed past the rest, damaging and crashing into the other cars. the girls eyes widened as she threw the boy to the mother, attempting to run away as well.

"y/n!" bokuto screamed

but to no avail, the girl was hit. for bokuto, it felt as if time stopped, the pedestrians, the cars, the birds, the whole world. it seemed as if everything just wasnt moving anymore as he saw the girl on the floor bleeding from her head. he couldn't breathe.

he ran towards the injured girl "y/n? y/n! are you okay? please tell me youre okay!! SOMEBODY CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE"

bokuto wasnt one to swear but he didnt care anymore, seeing one of his loved ones be hit by a car. he couldnt care less.

he held the body close to his chest, a waterfall of tears falling down his face "y/n... please... speak... move.. DO SOMETHING PLEASE. I NEED TO KNOW IF YOURE OKAY"

y/n coughed and lifted her hand to her boyfriends cheek, trying to wipe away some of the tears. she coughed and said "hey..... hey.. hey it's ok... i'm ok.. everything is fine bokuto" she smiled at him.

"h-how can you smile at a time like this?! y/n stay awake okay? the ambulance is on its way okay? stay with me. stay with me!" he sobbed.

he felt y/n's touch to fade as her hand started to fall from his face "bokuto... i... love y- you, become the greatest ace you can be..." she mumbled with the last of her strength.

bokuto panicked. "y/n? y/n!! nonono stay with me here!! hey!! I LOVE YOU OKAY? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU CANT DIE LIKE THIS"

the last thing he saw was a smile from her as her fingers stopped twitching.

"Y/NNN!" he yelled and sobbed in the middle of the street holding her tight. the sounds of the ambulance and police sirens were muffled as he couldn't process what happened.

the police apprehended the drunk driver and the medics tended to the little boy and the h/c girl. they checked for a pulse. bokuto standing anxiously. "bring her to the hospital asap" one of them said.

bokuto's legs were shaking. he entered the ambulance as they drove full speed to the hospital.

❀❀❀

at the hospital, bokuto was in the waiting room. he didnt know what to do, he was crying and shaking. y/n's parents came running once they received the call from the boy. the doctor walked out wiping the sweat off his head. m/n was the first to stand up "how is she? is she okay?" she asked on the verge of tears. the two males stood up as well in hope for good news to arrive. the doctor took a deep breath and checked his watch.

"i'm so sorry... y/n l/n died of blood loss as of 10:34 pm. i'm very sorry for your loss... please let us know if you need anything. my condolences" he said, pitying the family before walking away leave the devastated three alone.

bokuto collapsed, his legs not holding him up anymore. the three sobbed and sobbed as the person they loved most was gone.

***
oh shit y/n ded who knew?

i mean like- i did... i wrote this story

-epicgamerboy69 :0