Episode 17 - Together

~The Beach House~

Y/N' shoots up from the couch awake drenched in sweat. He looks around seeing Spinel sitting across from him tugging at her pigtails with tears streaming down her face. 

Y/N: Spinel!? 

She looks up seeing him awake and hugs him, pulls away punches his arm, and then hugs him again leaving him very confused.

Spinel: *sniffle* S-Stop scarin' me *sniffle* like that you idiot!

Y/N: I'm sorry... I didn't mean too. *he wraps his arms around her*

Spinel: *tightens the hug*  You're so stupid sometimes y'know that?  You know humans are so fragile. *sniffle* So why do you keep gettin' hurt?! How'd you think I'm feelin' with all of this goin' on, huh!? I'm finally happy after six fuckin' thousand years and I'm scared that's gonna be taken away again! That time will repeat itself and I'll be alone again! I-I don't wanna lose the one thing that makes me genuinely happy in this stupid universe... *she looks up at him with pure sadness in her eyes* I don't wanna lose you... *rests her head on his chest* I won't lose you.

Spinel begins to deflate in his arms leaving him speechless. He doesn't know what to say, or maybe he does? He just doesn't know how to say it. Maybe he should save it for another time.

Y/N: Spinel. *brushes her hair with his hand*

 She weakly lifts her arms clinging to him again and rests her head on his shoulder and begins to frantically laugh. Y/N looks at his gem with hatred and then back at her feeling her gem press against his chest and the heat that resonates off it.

Spinel: It's stupid isn't it? I love ya so much but sometimes I just wanna slap you.

Y/N pulls back and wipes away her tears but gets pulled right back in. Spinel holds onto him tighter not wanting him to let go. 

Y/N: *chuckles* Sometimes I want to slap me too. *brief pause* The future isn't finite, it's always evolving and changing. Garnet once told me one that time is like a river, it branches off into streams, pools into lakes, or into rushing waterfalls. She said that she controlled the boat and sailed the gems down the right course. I was on that boat at one point. But now I have my own boat and I share it with you, *smiles* let's sail down the stream we want. Sure there might be some strong waves but we'll push through them, and sail towards the right future. Together.

Spinel: *laughs through her tears* Really? What was that?

Y/N: *blushes* What was what?

Spinel: *wipes away her tears* What you just said. *Y/N blushes harder with embarrassment* You are such a sappy dork! 

She tackles him back into the couch and playfully kisses his cheeks.

Y/N: *laughs through his speech* What are you doing ya noodle.

Spinel: *kiss* Smotherin' you.

A sudden rumbling shakes the house and a black bubble quickly forms around the two.

Y/N: *Blushes* Ah, sorry.

Spinel: Was that you?

Y/N: I don't think? Should we be worried? 

Spinel: Nah, let's have this moment.

Spinel plops down on his chest and cuddles into his arms causing the bubble to pop. He relaxes and closes his eyes before being slapped in the face by a dark-red pigtail.

Spinel: I'm still mad at you tho.

Y/N: *smiles* That's okay. 

A faint light catches his eye and he turns to see his gem softly glowing. He looks at it feeling uneasy but then notices another soft light and turns to see Spinel's gem glowing as well. The two smile before he rests his hand on her gem as she does the same to his. The two blush before they close their eyes and softly press their foreheads together.