08

"hey," greeted mark when he arrived at his locker.

"oh hey," greeted eunha back.

"are you okay?" asked mark to the girl with puffy eyes before him.

"better," she replied.

"are you sure?" asked mark again.

while they were on the phone last night eunha kept convincing him that she's 'fine' but it continued with her heavy breathings and sobbing. as a result, mark stayed on the phone until eunha finally went back to sleep.

she woke up from her nightmare at one in the morning and only managed to go back to sleep at around four. which explains her puffy eyes and the her dark eyebags.

"eunha?" mark called again when the girl before him shut her eyes tight, as if trying to get past a headache.

"i- i'm sorry, i'm just trying to-" she said in a very soft voice.

as mark noticed more students entering the hallway, he lightly pulled eunha by her wrist and brought her inside the sickbay.

"eunha?" he called again after shutting the door behind him.

"i'm trying my best to stay in this body," she muttered slowly, hand supporting her head as her eyes remain tightly shut.

"hey, take your time," mark said, rubbing her back in circles, "i'll stay here."

"take your time, okay? we're safe in here." mark said lightly.

"mark?" she called.

"are you okay, now?" he asked.

"i'm sorry. that may have been very weird for you," she said, sounding more like herself, slowly getting anxious.

"no, i understand what happened. are you still eunha?" he asked, looking right into her eyes.

"i don't understand what you're saying." she asked, panicked as mark tried to get her to calm.

"hey hey calm down." mark said as his two hands grabbed the breathless eunha by her shoulders, "breathe, okay?"

"what is happening to me? why are these voices-"

"breathe, eunha. i'm here. you're not alone." mark said as the girl before him slowly breaks down into tears.

"this is so-"

her words were cut off when the door opened to jeno and chenle carrying a girl, where seolhyun followed behind them with a bag in her hand.

"mark hyung?" called jeno when they entered the room, seeing mark's two hands on eunha's shoulders.

"hey. what are you three doing here? who's that?" mark bombarded the three with questions.

"xing weiyun. remember her?" jeno said as his hands busy putting the girl on the bed.

"my cousin. she's back in school after getting discharged from the hospital last month." chenle said.

"yeah i remember her. did she get another attack?" asked mark as he moved away from eunha and went closer to weiyun.

chenle nodded in response, "what are you doing here, hyung?"

"eunha were having a hard time so i pulled her in here so the crowd won't see her." mark said, pointing to eunha behind him.

"mark, i should probably leave for my attendance." eunha said after tapping on mark's shoulder.