Chapter 24: Second Prince Saves the Day

In the front the sugar candy stall, there was a little girl with twin braids in her father's arms. She was holding onto a butterfly-shaped sugar candy and was reluctant to eat it. She felt as though it was too pretty and kept on shouting, "Butterfly! Pretty little butterfly!"

At a stall selling hairpins, two sisters were trying out different hairpins on each other as they tried to find the prettiest one.

There was a stand with lantern riddles, where a handsome and talented youth managed to win a prize after guessing the correct answer. He gave his prize to the woman he admired.

There was a pair of lovebirds confiding in each other as they rowed a boat down the lake glowing in the soft moonlight.

However, all these bustling scenes seemed completely unrelated to Bai Luochu. Right now, her attention was placed on following the luxurious carriage in front of her. She expanded her spiritual energy to the limits in order for her to detect any hidden dangers in her surroundings.

It was the start of her infiltration and it was smooth as she got through the crowded bazaar without a hitch. She was weaving through the crowd with ease and she made it look too easy.

Although she wasn't strong enough, she still had her bizarre movement skills. With her constant practice these past few days, she was already at 40% proficiency. She hoped that with her skills, she would be able to successfully infiltrate the imperial palace.

However, the situation didn't seem to be as simple as Bai Luochu imagined. After she left the bazaar along with the carriage, she felt that something was out of place as she traversed on the main road towards the imperial palace.

The path was devoid of human presence and no commoner would step foot on it. The structures on both sides of the road were also very orderly, making it even more challenging for Bai Luochu to find a place to conceal herself.

Since Bai Luochu had already made it here, she had absolutely no reason to turn back!

When she thought about it, Bai Luochu extended her spiritual energy to her limit as she tried to look for a suitable place to conceal herself.

Once Bai Luochu expanded the range of her spiritual energy, she realized that there was a pair of eyes staring at her which shocked her to the core.

Since when did the person notice her? How long had he been tracking her? Why was she unable to detect his presence earlier?!

The gaze didn't seem hostile and at this point, Bai Luochu didn't want to retreat. She continued her journey even with the additional pressure put on her.

Bai Luochu was still releasing all of her spiritual energy as she circulated more spirit qi to execute her movement skill to its peak state.

No matter how hard she tried, it was useless. The closer she got to the imperial palace, the more eyes fell on her. Furthermore, all of the gazes brought along with them a subtle pressure. It seemed as though they were trying to make her retreat willingly.

Bai Luochu understood that these people were the experts hiding in the imperial palace. They were hiding along the path and their first priority was to guarantee the safety of these members of the nobility and those from the aristocratic clans. They were also there to prevent any uninvited guests from trying to infiltrate the palace during this busy period. After all, their job was to prevent assassins from entering the imperial palace.

Bai Luochu couldn't help but let out a sigh. She was too careless and too rash when she heard that the Phoenix King Valley was going to visit. Back then, she immediately responded to the Ninth Prince and didn't think that all her preparation would still be insufficient for her mission to infiltrate the palace.