Chapter 1 - The fall of Reach

Emmitt 114:
"We're not going to make it!"

Jack 114:
"We'll make it."

The Spartan's warthog roars across the terrain as covenant ships begin glassing the surface of the planet. Spartan Emmitt 144 man's the M12 warthog's M41 chain gun while Spartan Jack 114 drives the Hog at full speed towards the evac point.

Jack 114:
"5 more Kilometers to the Evac point."

Emmitt 144:
"Yeah and 5 million Covies between us and Evac"

Jack 114:
"you worry too much, we've got this"

Emmitt 144:
"as long as I've got the gun I'm not complaining haha!"

The warthog speeds down the highway towards the Spartan 114's ship the "UNSC Winter's Edge". "Enemy contacts" Emmitt calls as 3 Covenant Banshees appear over the horizon, "open fire on the lead banshee" Jack commands as Emmitt rotates the turret to face the enemy.

Emmitt 144:
"This is my favorite part"

Jack 114:
"let them have it Spartan, open fire!"

Bullets and plasma start to fill the air as the battle kicks off, not even 30 seconds into the engagement the first banshee falls out of the sky and hits the ground with a large "boom", the other 2 banshees follow soon after the first with every 12.7×99mm armor-piercing round meets it's mark on an enemy aircraft.

Jack 114:
"1 kilometer left to Evac"

Jack 114 (on radio):
"Aela, Prepare Winter's edge for take off, we're coming in hot"

A.I. Aela:
"Affirmative, powering up all systems now. Better hurry we will undoubtedly be all over covenant radar now"

Jack 114 (on radio):
"almost there, 600 meters. Aela, open the hanger bay doors"

A.I. Aela:
"opening doors now"

The doors of the UNSC Winter's edge open as the warthog roars through the dry dock headed straight for the ship, the warthog's tires screech as the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop inside the hanger bay of the Charon-class frigate.

Jack 114 (on radio):
"Aela we're on board, punch it!"

Emmitt 144:
"That was way too close for comfort, nice driving as always"

Jack 114:
"nice shooting, I thought those banshees were going to get us for sure"

Emmitt 144:
"not a chance in hell if you ask me"

Jack 114:
"Aela, what's the status of the Home fleet around reach?"

Aela:
"it-its all gone, every UNSC ship is either Retreating or has already been destroyed"

Jack 114:
"what about my father, Captin Keyes and the Pillar of Autumn?"

Aela:
"UNSC fleet com data says the Pillar of Autumn made a random slip space jump 12 minutes ago. Jack, Spartan John 117 and Spartan Linda 058 were on board as well.