Chapter 12- The Ice Cream Man

"(yn)..."

"(yn)."

"(yn)!"

I let out a low groan and turn over, pulling the blankets over my head.

"(Yn)!" the voice pulls my blankets off of me. "C'mon! It's time to eat, Papa made crepes!"

I half-open my eyes, and see Marinette standing directly over top of me. I wave her off. "Too...early..."

"It's 8:03!" Marinette playfully rolls her eyes.

That's right...I didn't get to sleep till almost 1 O'clock last night...

"Okay...." I roll out of bed and yawn. Marinette grabs my wrist and drags me downstairs.

I sit and the table and Mr. Dupain places a berry crepe with whipped crème in front of me. He looks at me expectantly. I grab my fork and take a bite of crepe. My eyes instantly light up. "It's delicious!" I say, taking a second bite.

Mr. Dupain looks over to Mrs. Cheng. "See honey, I told you she'd like it!" Marinette giggles.

"Of course she does, Papa!"

I look to Marinette. "So since it's Saturday, what do you think we should do?"

"I was thinking we could go to the Trocadero Gardens with Alya."

"What's that?" I ask.

"The Trocadero Gardens is a park-like area right by the Eiffel Tower. It has a large fountain and lots of walking space and patches of grass for sitting." Marinette types something on her phone. She holds up her phone and shows me a picture. 

"Wow, it is so pretty!"

"According to Alya, Andre the Ice cream man is supposed to be there too! You can't say you've experienced Paris without eating his ice cream!"

"It sounds amazing!"

"You girls better get ready to go." Mrs. Dupain smiles at us.

"Let's go!" Says Marinette, Grabbing our plates, and putting them in the sink.

-------------------------------

Once Marinette and I reach the Trocadero Gardens, we look around until we see Alya. We wave to her until she sees us, and she comes running over.

"So what do we want to do first?" She asks, pushing her glasses back up.

"I was thinking we could go look at the fountains," Marinette says, looking at me.

"Cool, let's get going!"

We walk over to the fountains and sit on the edge of them. I pull out my phone and take a couple of pictures.

"These are beautiful!" I exclaim.

"The park was built in 1878!" Alya says.

I quickly do the math in my head. "Wow, that is over 130 years old!"

We converse and laugh together for a bit longer until we hear somebody singing.

"With one scoop or two, I'll cook up for you, some magical ice cream flavor!"

Marinette and Alya's faces light up. They both look at each other and declare "Andre!!"

"The ice cream man?" I ask.

"Yea! Let's go!" Marinette clutches my hand and follows Alya over to the Ice cream cart.

Andre is a big man with a bright smile. He has a small mustache and gray hair with a beret. He's wearing a blue and white striped shirt, and a red scarf. His smile extends wider when he sees us running over to him

"Ah, Marinette! Alya! So good to see you! Who is this fine young lady?" Andre gestures toward me.

"This is (yn). She's from America." Marinette answers.

"(yn)! What a lovely name, for a lovely girl." Andre says, smiling at me.

"Thank you, sir." I smile back.

"What can I get you three today?"

"Orange cream, and vanilla, please," Alya says, licking her lips.

"Could I please have cherry and peach?" Marinette asks.

After handing Marinette her cone, Andre turns to me. "What will you have this fine day, (yn)?"

"Hmm...May I get (Favorite Ice Cream Flavor)?"

Andre hands me my cone, and Marinette hands him a couple of euros.

"You three girls have a wonderful day!" Andre says smiling.

We sit down on a bench and Alya holds out her phone. "Say cheese!"

"Cheese!" We all say, holding up our ice cream, and she snaps a picture.