[18]

It was gone.

The only thing left of it were pieces

You stared in awe out of the small circular window that was fixed on the escape pod. "But... How?" You asked, stunned at the distruction of the second death star. Din had no words, he was just as shocked as you.

But a shadow casted over the bright light illuminating off of the wreckage. Then the pod began to move towards the shadow. It was the Empire. They were picking you up, or most likely, thinking they were picking up some lost rebels as it was a rebellion escape pod.

You looked at Din, he was as well looking at you. You were too shocked to say anything at all. How could that have happened again?

You had to shake your own thoughts when you felt the pod shake. It was on board a star destroyer now. You kicked the capsule off of the pod to find many storm troopers aimed at you with their blasters. "Hands up rebels!" One warned. Yourself and Din raised your hands regardless if you were rebels or not. Din spoke up before you could.

"We're not rebels. We're guild members." He spoke simply his voice coming out loud and strong. Then, emerged a man in grey clothing. He stood tall and proud but the bags under his eyes showed otherwise, he was tired and nearly defeated. "They are who they say they are. Lower your blasters men. Where is our officer?" He asked and you scoffed as you lowered your arms. "He was a rebel spy, amongst your people." You said, a hint of anger lingering in your tone.

The man just stared at you for a moment and then said. "Most unfortunate." As he then turned away.

"Most unfortunate? That almost cost us our lives! Not to mention we lost Mando's ship over here." You said approaching the man menacingly but having to back off after blasters being pointed at you again and a gloved hand being placed on your shoulder by Din.

The man in the grey uniform turned back around. "You will be compensated for the ship and the original price of the bounty still stands. We're warping to Jakku, and from our intel the Rebel Alliance is following us. It is there that you will be able to retrieve your ship if you have the opportunity." He said as he then turned away without another word and walked off.

You looked at Din and he turned to look at you, his head tilting to the side slightly.

"So how are we going to do this?"

----->>

You and Din were now posted up on the hot sands of Jakku. You both were sitting under a large ship that had crashed in the sand years ago, and providing much needed shade.

You were looking at the sand, a blank expression plastered on your face.

"What're you thinking about?" You heard Din ask and you looked up at him. You shrugged. "What do we do after this? Where do we go?" You asked. Din didn't move a muscle, as if he were pondering the same questions.

"We go into hiding. We wait for orders of the guild to return." He said simply, as if it were that easy.

"Where will you go?" You asked, quietly. Almost afraid to ask. Din was quiet for some time. A small and warm breeze fluttered his cape as he stayed silent for a moment longer. "The Creed may have some things for me-" He began and you interjected. "Where will you go Din? Back into hiding? For me never to see you again possibly?" You asked and he stood up.

"I don't know Y/N! I want to be with you all the time but you know it doesn't work like that anymore." He said and you stood up. "Why not?  Because you're too devoted?" You said, your nostrils flairing. "Because I'm scared!" He shot back and you snapped your mouth shut. Your shoulders loosened as your face expression softened.

"I'm scared something will happen and I won't be there to fight along the people that saved me, and took me in as their own. They are my family. But you..." He said as he took a small step forward. "Y/N I- I have loved you for so long. Every day I had thought about you since we last departed when our planet was raided. And when I saw you again, I wanted to drop everything and run away with you. To be with you and to live out the rest of my life with you. But I'd be betraying the people who saved my life." He said and you looked down.

Your chest tightened at his words, you felt as if your throat had a knot in it. You were holding back your tears.

"Din I am so sorry." Is all you could whisper out. He simply looked down at you for a moment before he stepped forward, closing any space between you and he hugged you tightly. "I... I love you too." You said as you buried your face in the crook of his helmet and shoulder.

Din released you after some time. His heavy breaths emitting from the modulator in his helmet. "Can I... Can I try something?" He asked hesitantly, and you gave him a confused look but you nodded. Din looked around but saw no one. He then unwrapped a stray piece of cloth on his arm. "Wear this." He said and you furrowed your eyebrows. "Wait- Here." He said, he seemed nervous.

He wrapped the cloth around your eyes, completely cutting off your vision. "Can you see?" He asked and you shook your head. "Din why are you-" You began but you heard a soft thud beside you and felt a pair of warm lips against you. Leather gloved hands cupped the sides of your face as Din kissed you deeply and passionately.

He gently pulled away. You opened your eyes but then remembering the cloth covering them, still making your vision dark. You reached out to find the sides of Din's face and gently gripped them as you guided him back to your lips. This time Din's hands found your hips and he pulled you against his armored chest as he returned your kiss.

Once you pulled away, you were breathless. Din still kept his hands on your hips. Din's grip was tight, as if he were afraid if he let you go you'd disappear. You kept your hands on the sides of his face, he was a bit scruffy but no beard. You gently stroked his face with the pad of your thumb. "Y/N. When we have to go into hiding. I want to be with you. I want you to come with me."

You smiled as your heart fluttered and you replied softly with a smile on your lips.

"Okay Din. I'll come with you."