Chapter 75

Dumbledore informed Jenna that her lessons with him would take place every Friday at eight o'clock before she bid him goodbye and left the office.

As she was making her way back to the common room, she tried to think of an excuse for her friends, because she knew they weren't going to let her go without an explanation about what Dumbledore wanted from her.

But her mind was so messed up that she simply couldn't think of anything else, other than the fact that in a few year, she was going to be in the presence of You-Know-Who, taking the form of one of his trusted Death Eaters.

Although when she asked Dumbledore about the how of it, he just told her that when the time was right, he would explain it all.

But for now, he asked her to try and empty her mind of all thoughts and emotions for Occlumency practice, though it seemed impossible to Jenna.

With her thoughts still messed up, Jenna entered their dorm, only remembering that she hadn't come up with an excuse yet as the girls started to bombard her with questions.

"Jen, what happened?"

"What did Dumbledore want?"

"Why did he say he liked Cauldron Cake?"

Alice and Lily turned to Marlene, giving her a look because of her out-of-place question.

"What? I'm just curious to know." She shrugged.

"Well?" Lily looked back at Jenna again, ignoring Malrene. "Was something wrong?"

"No." Jenna shook her head briskly. "He just wanted to talk to me about the Quidditch team. Just checking to see if I still wanted to be the captain, now that our lessons are harder."

Marlene, who seemed convinced, started getting ready for bed and combed her hair. Alice didn't seem to believe Jenna, yet decided not to say anything on the matter as she nodded and pursed her lips together, walking toward her bed.

But Lily's eyes lingered on Jenna suspiciously. "Usually McGonagall talks about these stuff, being the head of our house."

"Dunno, maybe she was busy tonight?" Jenna tried to reason, shrugging the matter off.

To her relief, Lily didn't protest any longer, even though she still could tell that something was off.

When Jenna went to bed, she couldn't seem to fall asleep. Other than thinking about all the ways that Dumbledore's plans could go wrong, there were smaller yet closer problems ahead.

Maybe she had convinced her friends for now, but how was she supposed to get out of it once a week for the next two years?

Although, her worries didn't end with the three girls. Because even if she could shake them off it, there was no way Jenna could get away from her nosy brother.

With Lily and the others, she could lie about having to go to the library, or going for a walk. But Jenna knew all about James's little map, which could easily show her whereabouts.

So rolling out of bed after having a sudden idea, Jenna tiptoed her way out of the dormitory so she wouldn't wake the girls up.

By that time, it was already two a.m and everyone was asleep. So her heart throbbing slightly, she walked up to the boys' dormitory.

Quietly, she neared the door which had a sign on it for sixth year boys, and as slowly as possible, she slid the door open.

She peeked her head inside, making sure that the four boys were all asleep. So with that, she took slow steps toward James's trunk.