thirty four

Hospital Wing

"Are you sure?", Pansy asked for confirmation.

Draco sharply exhaled, "I said what I said, Pansy. But from what I could infer from the Golden Trio coming along with you to see me yesterday is that she accepted?"

Pansy nodded hesitantly then she shook her head. "Dray, you've made a truce with Harry before.", she said.

"What...? Pansy, what are you talking about?", Draco pursed his lips and folded his arms as he walked past Madame Pomfrey to get to his bed and laid down.

Pansy turned to Madame Pomfrey, "Is it possible for someone to lose their memories in Draco's situation?"

Madame Pomfrey thought for a moment and she shook her head. "Not with blood loss. Either someone had used 'Obliviate' or there was blunt force trauma. The second one can most certainly be fixed with magic."

"I don't think anyone Obliviated him."

Madame Pomfrey and Pansy walked towards Draco's bed which he was lying in. "Now what?", Draco looked over to them.

"You've lost memories, Dray, Madame Pomfrey is going to restore them.", Pansy held out a hand to help him sit up.

Draco had an unconvinced look. "Seriously, Pansy. First you randomly said that Potter and I had a truce, and now you say I lost my memories? Stop fooling around, I'm not that dense."

"Draco. Look at me.", Pansy pulled him up to sit. "Do I look like I'm kidding?", she asked.

Draco studied her expressions carefully, she didn't have hints that pointed that she was lying. "Fine, whatever.", he finally said. "Do whatever you want."

Pansy looked at Madame Pomfrey. She watched their school's Matron took out her wand, mumbled some words and flicked it.

A small stream of blue light shot out from Madame Pomfrey's wand, pranced around Draco's head and faded away.

"What happened? Did it work?", it didn't seem like anything was happening.

Madame Pomfrey lowered her wand and pondered for a moment, "Does Draco practice Occlumency?"

"What's that?", Pansy asked, but Draco nodded his head.

"It's not as good as Snape's, but I can block people out.", he continued.

Madame Pomfrey nodded her head, "That explains it. Occlumency is blocking me from accessing your memories."

"Wait, wait, wait. Am I missing something?", Pansy interrupted. "What's Occlumency?"

"It's a spell to mentally block others from accessing and reading your mind and memories.", Madame Pomfrey answered. "Voldemort had the ability of Legilimency, which allowed him to view what others thought."

"I'm not doing anything right now, though.", Draco steered the direction of the conversation back.

"That means the person who locked your memories away in your mind was the previous you.", Madame Pomfrey inferred as put her wand away.

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure I lost my memories, Madame Pomfrey?"

She nodded, "Although I may not be able to get to it, there is an empty space in the middle of your memory.

Just then, Draco's phone rang.