Chapter Seven: Mark

Carina's Perspective

I just finished telling Daniel my story. I watched as the color in his face drained and became a greenish color. At the end, he looked mad, but it wasn't directed at me.

I stand up to head to the bathroom.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" His voice slightly panicked.

"I'm just going to take a shower, Daniel. Relax."

He lays on the bed with his arms behind his head, still looking at me with sorrow.

I close the bathroom door and gape at it. Holy crap! This is a huge bathroom. There are white marble sinks, and a marble floor and there are gold tiles on the walls. I have never seen a bathroom look this good.

I step into the shower and let the warm water cascade down my back. I shave my legs and wash my hair... twice. As I'm stepping out of the shower, I slip and fall into the marble floor, hard.

"Shit" I whisper.

"Carina? Baby? Are you okay?" Says Daniels frantic voice as he pounds on the door.

"I'm fine. Just slipped. That's all." I respond.

Wrapping myself in a towel I pad to the door and open it.

Daniel scans the length of my body to check if I'm okay, but his eyes soon turn to lust instead worry. He let's out an approving growl.

"You are so beautiful, Carina." He whispers.

"Thanks" I mumble. Embarrassed and trying to hide my blushing face.

Daniels lifts my head up with such gentleness.

"Don't hide from me, Carina. I will never, ever hurt you." He says as I look into his eyes, which hold some deep emotion.

He starts to lean his face down to mine, but stops right when our lips are about to touch. He looks me in the eyes, asking for permission and I don't hesitate to nod my head.

His lips brush mine and my world stops. Tingles spread through my body and everywhere he touches leaves a trail of fire.

On instinct I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me.

Yes, finally my wolf moans.

His arms wrap around my waist and he gently push me down on the bed. Daniels lips leave mine, and they kiss down my neck trying to find my sweet spot.

He finds it, the place where he will mark me. He slowly kisses and sucks on that spot, resulting in a moan from me. We are both breathing heavily.

"Can I mark you, sweetheart?" Daniel asks me.

I nod my head. I feel his canines bite into my neck and I hold back a scream, but soon the pain evolves into pleasure as he licks the wound. I bring his lips to mine and I kiss him.

"We can take this slow" he says to me.

"No, I want this. I want you... Forever."

4 hours later

An "I love you" just slipped out of my mouth.

He didn't respond.

I slowly fall asleep.