XVIII. CORONATION DAY

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[18] || Coronation day

Soon after Jack left Port Royal, Delphine was shipped off to return to the Northern Isles, in order to attend her older brothers funeral and her coronation to be queen

Soon after Jack left Port Royal, Delphine was shipped off to return to the Northern Isles, in order to attend her older brothers funeral and her coronation to be queen. Both of which, had been delayed due to the supposed kidnapping of the princess by the infamous Jack Sparrow and rookie Will Turner.

No matter how much Delphine tried to persuade her court that she hadn't been kidnapped by the pirate and the blacksmith, they wouldn't listen to her. Jack and Will had become wanted in the Northern Isles, and if they were caught they wouldn't be alive long. This worried Delphine especially since Jack promised he'd come to the Northern Isles in order to take the Princess away once more, but the thought of freedom from her country and her royal life often pushed back her worries and she was filled with glee.

However, as the weeks passed, Delphine began to loose her hope in seeing the pitch black sails of the Black Pearl ever again. She began to believe Jack had forgot about her and found better adventure with her not by his side, and Delphine didn't blame him but she sure as hell was mad.

After said weeks turned into months, Delphine's life had only really worsened. She had been informed of Elizabeth and Wills wedding but wasn't allowed to go. Her advisors were practically holding her hostage in her palace until her coronation in fear of her death. She felt terrible writing the letter saying she couldn't make it, she missed her family dearly and would've loved to see them before her coronation and her duties as queen began.

It was only a little while later, Delphine was thankful she hadn't been allowed to go to their wedding. She received news from Governor Swann that both Elizabeth and Will had been arrested on their wedding day by the East India Trading Company on charges of helping Captain Jack Sparrow. The Governor also informed her that there would've been a warrant for her arrest too, but her status as next queen of the Northern Isles, overruled it. Delphine could only imagine what would've happened if she was there, she could only imagine that the Lord Cutler Beckett, would have arrested her too.

***

A couple days later was coronation day in the Northern Isles, everyone was excited, the workers in the palace were extremely busy and busy vibes flooded through the capital as they hung out flags of their country in pride.

The happy mood, however, did not extend to Delphine. She had hoped this day wouldn't come, that Jack would arrive beforehand and whisk her away to a world of piracy and adventure like she had experienced when rescuing Elizabeth. She had never thought she would become queen after all she never wanted to be queen. Delphine always saw her brother, Eustace, as the leader type, she wasn't the same as him, she wasn't made for ruling like him. Delphine wondered how long she would last, she couldn't help but imagine it wouldn't be very long.

For a reason unbeknownst to her, the Ainsley royal family had a rebel group, a group that had assassinated Delphine's father and her brother and would most likely be the end of her life as well. That's why when Delphine was given a list of potential suitors, she wasn't surprised, she knew they needed an heir for the Ainsley family to keep the throne, she knew all hell would break loose if she died and they had no one to take over.

The suitors she found the most suitable were going to be guests at her coronation, Delphine would be required to look her absolute best, not only for them but for the people of the Northern Isles as well. And that meant being awaken at the crack of dawn.

The curtains of her room opening and the sunlight flooding into the room caused Delphine to jolt awake, Lucille, who had been allowed to come to the Northern Isles with her, stood at the window, her hands on her hips as she looked at the princess, who blinked repeatedly trying to adjust to the sudden light.

"Come on, your highness," Lucille said, clapping her hands making a lot more maids enter Delphine's room. "I thought you would've been up with excitement,"

"More like with nerves," Delphine retorted, getting out of her bed and walking behind her folding screen with Lucille and another maid, beginning to get dressed.

"There's no need to be nervous, your highness," Lucille said, holding up the gorgeous green dress that was designed especially for today, "You are going to make an excellent queen,"

Delphine rolled her eyes in response, she hated when people told her that because one, she believed the exact opposite, and two, she didn't want to be queen in the first place.

After Delphine was dressed, the maids began doing her hair and makeup, the princess remained silent dreading the event to come and what it would mean for her afterwards.

Her council and advisors were strict, after her maids had gotten her ready and left, Delphine was made to wait in her room until it was time to be escorted to the church where her coronation would be taking place. If they were this strict already, how strict would they be when she actually became queen? Delphine thought. She missed Port Royal, she missed being able to walk freely around the fort and along the docks, she missed her family and most of all she missed Jack.

As Delphine paced in her room the nerves and jitters overcoming her, there was a knock on her door and one of the guards entered.

"Your highness, there's a Mr. Smith here to see you,"