6

Abi's P.O.V.

"What?" Clint demanded.

"Oh come on, it's obvious." Tony said.

"We aren't together." I said.

I took only one pancake and ate it whilst Tony continued to go on about Clint and I. By the time I had finished my pancake I'd had enough of it, I just got down from my stool and walked back to my room without saying a word to anyone. I climbed back into bed and closed my eyes, feeling a headache on it's way. A few minutes passed then there was a knock at my door, I climbed out of bed and made my way over to open the door. I opened it to reveal Clint stood there, I moved to the side so he could come in and shut the door behind him so that nobody saw him.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"Causing this trouble for you." He said, looking down.

"You didn't cause any trouble, it's those guys being childish." I said.

"Well that's Tony for you." He said.

"True. Uh... thank you for helping me last night and please don't say anything about what I told you, you're the first and only person I've ever told." I said, fighting back tears.

He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder as I cried, I hated being so vulnerable, I felt like a burden.

"I need to get my medication from Bruce and let him check my stitches." I said with a sigh after I stopped crying.

"I'll take you, come on." He said, heading for the door.

Tony saw us walk out and he gave me a look so I just stuck my middle finger up at him before stepping into the elevator. We got off down where Bruce's lab was and Clint lead me inside.

"Abi needs her medication." Clint said, getting Bruce's attention.

"Ah yes." He said as he turned round to face us.

"Should I have taken one of the other pills this morning as well?" I asked.

"No." He said quickly.

I jumped at how stern his voice was and quickly looked down at the floor.

"Uh sorry... no don't take them in the morning, they will counteract what I'm about to give you." He said, grabbing a few different pill bottles.

He handed me a cup of water and 4 different pills, I gulped the water down as I took the pills then handed the cup back to him.

"You can take another one of those pills in 4 hours if the pain is bad but try not to rely on them as they're highly addictive." He said and I nodded in response.

"Clint have you seen- Oh there you are." I heard someone say from behind us.

I turned to see Steve stood there and I tensed up, not prepared for more jokes about Clint and I.

"Abi, can I talk to you outside please?" He said, fiddling with his hands.

"Sure." I said and I followed him out.

"I just wanted to apologise for what happened earlier, it was sort of Tony's idea and we just went along with it. I don't have any photos or anything and I believe what you said, you don't seem like the sort of girl to jump into bed with a guy on the first night of knowing them." He said as he looked down at the floor.

"It's fine, I thought Tony was behind it anyway. I forgive you." I said with a small smile.

"Well to make it up to you I thought maybe I could take you out on my bike like I had promised?" He asked.