Chapter 3

"I'm Ronin, and I have a share in this shop." That was what the man said.

I spoke "wo wo wo, this doesn't make any sense, no one talked about selling the shop or anything like that."

The man, Ronin, explained how the ninjas destroyed his shop and Kai gave him their share of the Steep Wisdom. I facepalmed "stupid Kai."

Nya sighed. Sensei Wu told her to follow him to start her training. I was about to go with them to watch but sensei Wu stopped me "not now, Y/n. You'll stay here to help Misako."

I sighed "yes, sensei." Then I went with Misako and Ronin to do something.

Me and Misako started re-organizing the place because it was a mess, all thanks to Morro.

Ronin took a chair and sat looking around while we were working. I looked at him "won't you help?"

"No, I've had a long day."

"You are our business partner now, you know," I said.

He rolled his eyes "so?"

I left the tea bags and stood in front of him "Since you own this shop too you should take the responsibility of it, no owner sits and does nothing while their shop is a mess."

He was about to say something when I cut him off "now get up and make yourself useful."

I went back to help Misako who said "I understand how you feel about the situation but don't you think you were a bit rude?"

I glanced at her while putting the stuff back on the shelves "really? I don't think so."

"Maybe you're just tired, how about you go take a rest? I can finish this alone." I thanked her and went into one of the rooms inside the shop, yup, we had some rooms to rest in case the bounty - which is our house- isn't there.

I changed my clothes and went out of the shop. I saw sensei Wu and Nya. Nya was meditating on a rock in the middle of the puddle while sensei Wu was talking and giving her instructions or whatever.

I walked in the city alone listening to some songs in my earphones. I stopped when I saw Chen's Noodle House. I decided to go in.

As I went in and took a seat. Skylor came to me "long time no see."

"Yeah, I was busy I couldn't come here earlier," I replied. Skylor became my friend after the tournament ended, I used to come here every week to talk to her while having lunch or dinner.

"So? The usual?" she asked.

"Yup," I answered and she went to get me my usual order. She brought the food and got herself a bowl of noodles and sat down.

"So how's everybody? Everything okay? You look down." She asked starting to eat.

I started to eat and answered "Kai's stupid." There was a pause then I heard her "as usual."

I continued "Nya is a ninja, we have a new business partner, the shop is a mess, Lloyd is possessed and Morro is back," I finished, she was staring at me with a 'wow' expression and asked "who's Morro?"

I was silent, I looked at my food "he's an old friend, but now he's an enemy. He became a ghost and possessed Lloyd for some reason."

She spoke in a comforting voice "tell me if there's anything I can help with, okay?" I nodded and we finished our meal while talking about anything that comes to mind.

After I said goodbye to Skylor, I went back to the tea shop. The sun has already set and people were going home. I walked in the shop and found it very quiet. Haven't the boys returned yet? Where's Nya, Misako and sensei?

The light was off so I turned it on and took slow steps forward "hello? Nya are you here?"

The door closed behind me making me turn around quickly to see who's there. No one, no one was there. I looked around, nobody was here.

I sighed and went to the other rooms inside. I saw a letter on one of the tables that said :

"Y/n, we are going to repair the bounty, the boys haven't returned yet and we haven't heard anything from them. Ronin went to his house which leaves the shop empty, there are a few boxes in the storage room that sensei Wu wanted me to empty them, can you do it for me, please?
Nya."

I put the letter back on the table and headed to the storage room. There were a few cartoon boxes that looked new. As I was about to open one of them, the light started going on and off continuously.

I had a weird feeling, something is not right. I'm not stupid enough to go check the electricity, I've seen this in movies.

The light turned completely off. I remembered the door closing itself then something came to my mind. A ghost. Yes, a ghost is here.

I heard a laugh behind me, an evil laugh to be exact. I didn't turn around, I knew who is it.

As he stopped laughing "did I scare you?" he asked.

"No, are you going to turn the light back on?" I asked and turned around to face him. Morro, he was standing in front me with that evil smirk on his face. I saw him because he actually turned the light back on.

I asked "why are you here?"

"You don't really expect me to tell you my plan right away, do you?"

"No, but asking you before I get kidnapped seemed to be a good thing to do," I put my hand behind my back and summoned my bow then quickly aimed an arrow at Morro.

"Wow, I didn't know you learned archery."

"You would've learned some stuff too if you weren't stubborn enough to leave," I said.

Morro spoke again "you aren't going to hurt your friend, right?" Yeah, Lloyd's going to get hurt by my arrow.

"Who said I was going to shoot you?" I said and released the arrow at the light bulb above Morro stalling him with the glass in the darkness. Sorry Lloyd, but you getting a scratch is better than killing you.

I ran out of the room and the entire shop. I could hear Morro running behind me. What does he even want?

I summoned my dragon and before I could fly away, Morro yelled "I want to make a deal!"

Deal?

"And?" I asked glancing at him.

He took a deep breath and said "I'll leave your friend's body, only if you could do me a favor."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word count : 1114.
A/n: I can already imagine the book's ending.
Also, I fixed the tags problem.
Thanks for reading!
Bye! 👋