11

Abi's P.O.V.

It started to get really dark so I climbed down from the tree and started to set up my rucksack against the tree, last time I had tried to sleep in the trees I ended up falling out. As I bent down to put my bag down I heard a twig snap behind me, I twisted round quickly, ready to attack whoever it was. My arms quickly fell to my sides when I saw who was stood before me.

"Clint, what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to fight the tears.

"I came to find you, you just disappeared. Come on, I'm going to take you back to the tower." He said, holding his hand out for me.

"Why? I don't belong there." I spat.

A look of realisation washed across his face and his eyes turned sad.

"You heard what Natasha said." He said sadly.

"And what you didn't say." I said, looking away from him as I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"She said I didn't belong there and you didn't say anything or protest. I didn't hang around long enough to hear what else she had to say." I said angrily.

"You also didn't hang around long enough to hear what I had to say. I was silent for a minute, I admit that, but only because I needed a minute to actually comprehend what she was saying. I couldn't believe my ears. But you have to believe me when I tell you that I did set her straight, I wouldn't let her just say that without saying something back." He said, trying to reach out and touch my arm.

I quickly pulled away and a look of hurt washed across his face.

"I don't understand what I've done to deserve what she said about me, and to justify the dirty looks she always gives me. I've done nothing to her." I said, looking down at the floor.

"I don't know either, but please just come back, we can figure it out." He said as he took a step towards me.

I didn't hesitate to turn on my heel and sprint in the opposite direction, a few seconds later I heard him start to chase after me.

"Please don't make me chase you, I just want to take you back so we can sort things out." He begged.

"No way." I said as I continued running.

I picked up the pace a little as I heard him getting closer, a few seconds later I was tackled to the floor. I quickly turned so that I was on my back, looking up at him. I started to swing my fists, hitting him on the chest and the arms to try and get him off of me but he wouldn't budge. Instead he pinned my hands next to my head and looked down at me.

"Please stop fighting me, I don't want to do this." He said sadly as he looked down at me.

"Let me go! Natasha hates me and I'm just a burden to the rest of you, getting in the way and hurting you all in the process. I have burnt you and Bruce, I hurt your shoulder and I've deprived everyone else of sleep. It's better if I stay out here." I said, my eyes closed as tears rolled down my cheeks.

He stayed silent for a few seconds then I felt his lips on mine, I kissed back but when I realised what I was doing I pushed him away.

"Please, just come back." He begged.

I jumped to my feet as his grip on me loosened and sprinted off, I turned back to see that he wasn't chasing me anymore, instead he had turned and started to walk away. My heart ached but I couldn't go back, not yet, especially not whilst I still couldn't control my powers.

Steve's P.O.V.

I was cleaning up after we had all eaten, I put Clint and Abi's food in the microwave then took a seat on the couch. Just as I sat down, I heard the elevator 'ding' and I quickly got up to go and see who it was. As I walked into the hall, I saw Clint walking into his room and he slammed the door behind him. I frowned as I walked down the hall and as I was about to knock on the door I heard a loud crash come from inside his room. I flung the door open to see Clint sat on the floor with his head in his hands and a lamp smashed on the floor over the opposite side of the room. I walked over and sat down next to me.