24

Abi's P.O.V.

I got into the elevator and went into my room, stripping off everything but my underwear as the heat inside of me made me sweat. I quickly changed into my leggings and training t-shirt before grabbing my new phone and my earphones as I headed down to the training room. I put on a song and turned it up to full volume to drown everyone else out as I wrapped my hands ready to start on the bags. I walked over and just started to throw combinations or punches at it to try and release my anger. I heard a noise over my music but I ignored it, I heard it again but still ignored it, I was in a zone as I punched the bag repeatedly as hard as I could. A pair of big arms wrapped around me and dragged me away from the bag, I turned ready to fight but saw Tony stood there. I took my earphones out and he opened his arms, I fell into his arms and he wrapped me in a hug.

"Steve told me what happened." He said.

I stood there, crying into his chest as he stroked my hair.

"It's okay, you're going to get past this, it'll just make two of you stronger." He said.

"I don't know Tony, he kissed another girl." I sobbed.

"Do you want to know what actually happened?" He asked.

I nodded and he pulled his phone out of his pocket as we took a seat on the bench at the edge of the room. He opened one of the apps and pressed play on the video, I realised it was video footage from Clint's room. The camera could see through the opening of the bathroom door and I watched as it all folded out. Clint went into the bathroom and showered, the other girl walked in as he got out and she talked for a minute or so, Clint looked really angry. Then I saw myself walk up to the bathroom door just as she grabbed him and kissed him, just as I left he shoved her away and shouted at her to get out. He stopped the video after that and I looked up at him as relief washed over me.

"It wasn't his fault." I said quietly.

"No, that girl is a real pain in the butt for all of us but Clint especially." Tony said.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Missy Payne, she was our friend a while ago, everyone knew she had a thing for Clint but he didn't like her in that way. One night she tried to kiss him and he pushed her away, telling her he didn't have feelings for her. That broke her and she vowed to ruin his life or something like that." Tony said, shaking his head.

"Earlier she told me she had uh.... she had slept with Clint." I said, looking down at the floor.

"That's definitely not true, I can promise you that. Clint's not the sort of guy to sleep around, honestly in the 4 years I've known him I don't think he's actually slept with anyone. He doesn't like to get attached to people because being a part of the Avengers brings many enemies, as you've already found out, and he doesn't like the thought of having a weakness that they can exploit and use against him. That's why I was so surprised when you came along and he fell for you, he loves you Abi, that I'm certain of because if he didn't then you wouldn't be staying here with us and he certainly wouldn't have brought you back here that first night. He would have taken you to a hospital and just disappeared." Tony said.

"Thank you for coming down and checking on me." I said with a small smile.

"Well I had to come see my new assistant, and we agreed we would go through your role." He said with a grin.

"Yeah, can't wait to start. I hate asking, but is there I could possibly get my first two weeks worth of wages in advance, I need to get Christmas presents for you all next weekend and I currently have no money." I said.

"Of course, but I pay monthly so I'll put your first month's wages into your bank later. Now, onto what you'll be doing, I was thinking maybe our laundry in the mornings, we all have laundry bins so it'll be a simple task, but one we all hate doing." Tony said with a chuckle.