60

Abi's P.O.V.

"What?" I called, the door slowly opened and Clint's head came into view.

"They want you at this meeting too as you were in..." Clint trailed off.

I let out a groan as I dragged myself out of bed and followed Clint down the hall. But before we walked into the room where all the others were sat, he stopped me.

"I'm worried about you." He said as he placed his hand on my cheek.

I looked down at the floor as I let out a sigh.

"Can we please not do this right now?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You say that every time I try to bring this up." He said sadly.

"We can talk after this, I promise, but I don't want to keep the others waiting." I said.

"Fine but we are talking about this after, no excuses." He said as he held the door open for me.

I took a seat right in the back, in the corner, and the grey haired man glanced over at me as he stood at the head of the table.

"Five years ago.... I found something, 40 ye-.... Avengers an unpayable debt.... some who would prefer the word vigilantes." The guy said, and I wasn't paying much attention until that last bit.

"What word would you use Mr Secretary?" Nat asked, a fake smile plastered on her face.

"How about dangerous?" He said as he looked at me.

I looked down and bit on my lip, hard, quickly tasting the metallic tasting liquid fill my mouth telling me I had bitten my lip just a little too hard, but it gave me something to focus on other than trying not to have a breakdown.

"What would you call a group of US based enhanced individuals who routinely ignore borders, inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind." He said with a frown.

He started to play videos of previous missions, informing us of where they were as each video played as if the team wouldn't remember it all in detail. When he played the video of Lagos a few tears slipped down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them away before anyone could see, or so I had hoped.

"That's enough." Steve said sternly after glancing at me.

"... past 3... unlimited power... no supervision... no longer tolerate... solution... Sokovia Accords... 117 countries... private organisation... supervision of the united nations.... panel deems it necessary...." He said, but I struggled to focus.

My vision was going blurry and my heart raced as I struggled to breathe, I stood up and started to walk out.

"Where are you going Miss Gilbert?" The secretary asked.

"I.. I..." I tried as I gulped for breath.

Clint shot him a glare as he took my hand and quickly lead me out of the room. He grabbed a chair and sat me down in the middle of the hall before crouching in front of me.

"Hey, it's okay, just breathe, slow deep breaths. In... out... in.... out...." He said soothingly.

I tried to follow his pattern of breathing, I struggled at first but when I had calmed down a little I finally managed to get my breathing under control.

"You're okay." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

I wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure me or himself but in that moment I didn't care. I glanced back at the room where the others were, they seemed to be in a heated discussion and it made my head hurt just thinking about it.