67

Abi's P.O.V.

I spent the day with Clint preparing food for the party, Tony had insisted on buying pizzas and ready made food but we wanted something to keep us busy for the day rather than lounging around on the couches. We spent most days lately doing that and I was starting to get restless, I wanted to be busy doing something rather than being sat on my ass gaining even more weight. A squeal escaped my lips as Clint's hand connected with my butt cheek and my eyes narrowed when I saw the remnants of flour covering his hand.

"I swear to god Barton, if you just did what I think you did then you are going to get it." I said, trying to bend round to see the butt of my black sweat pants.

I could just about see the white hand print on my pants and I whipped around so that I was facing him again, he had a grin plastered to his face but I could see the fear in his eyes; he had no clue what I was going to do. I smeared some of the left over tomato paste on my hands and walked towards him, he shielded his face but that wasn't my target and instead I cupped my hand over his crown jewels, causing him to suck in a sharp breath. I stood up on my tiptoes, not bothering to remove my hand, and hovered my lips right beside his ear.

"You better not lay another finger on me for the rest of today, or no touching for a month." I said, my breath hitting his ear and making him shiver.

"But babe, it's new years eve." He whined like a child.

I shrugged and turned on my heel, walking away with a smirk on my face although I wasn't sure how I was going to manage it tonight. It was almost 5pm so I knew Pepper would be searching for me soon so we could all get ready; it had become sort of a tradition for her, Nat and I to all get ready together before a party. When I walked into my room I nearly had a heart attack, I clutched my chest and bent over to catch my breath.

"Jesus Christ, what was the plan? Giving me a heart attack or inducing early labour?" I asked breathlessly.

"Well we figured you'd turn up sooner or later so we decided that we should all get ready here in your room." Nat said with a shrug.

"We didn't mean to scare you though." Pepper quickly added.

"It's fine, just maybe next time give me a bit of a warning; get Jarvis to inform me or something." I said quickly.

"I'll keep that in mind next time, also where is your dress?" Pepper asked me.

"Your guess is as good as mine, apparently Clint chose out a dress for me and Tony paid for it but where it is, that I have no idea about." I said with a shrug.

Nat opened her mouth to say something when a knock at the door interrupted her, I waddled over and pulled it open to reveal Clint stood there with a dress bag in his hands. He gave me a sheepish grin before handing the dress bag over to me, being careful not to touch me as he did.

"I figured you guys would be getting ready soon so I thought I would bring this for you, I hope you like it." He said with a small smile.

"Thank you." I said, using all my willpower not to jump on him and cover him in kisses, he was just too adorable.

"Well I guess I'll leave you guys to get ready, I love you." He said to me with that sexy smirk of his, god he was making this hard for me.

"I love you too." I said before quickly shutting the door and leaning against it.

"And what the hell was that?" Nat asked with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I hung my dress on my closet door.

"Oh come on, the two of you are always all over each other, you can barely keep your hands off one another. But just then, no kiss, not even a hug, so I'll ask again; what the hell was that?" Nat said.