76

Clint's P.O.V.

It's been 3 months since I had to come back to New York and get back to work, and they've been the longest 3 months of my life. Don't get me wrong, I love being an Avenger but being away from my babies and the love of my life for so long has not been fun, but the twins come out of hospital today so I decided to surprise Abi. I parked my truck and headed into the house after quickly checking on the horses, luckily I built kennels outside for the dogs otherwise when I walked in they would've barked and gone mad. It was 7:34am so I knew Abi would still be in bed, it was a struggle to drag her out of bed before 8am unless she had a reason to get up, I hoped that me visiting would be reason enough for her to get up.

"Abi." I said as I shook her softly, trying to wake her up.

She groaned and rolled over, her hair spreading out across the pillows and framing her beautiful face; she looked even more like an angel than usual.

"Abi." I tried again, this time shaking her a little bit harder.

"Go away Clint." She groaned as she pulled the blanket up higher.

It took a few seconds, but she suddenly sat bolt upright and looked as if she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Clint?" She asked carefully.

"It's me." I said with a grin and she instantly wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you." She admitted sheepishly.

"I missed you too, more than you'll know." I said, breathing in deeply and inhaling her perfume from yesterday.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be on a mission." She said with a frown.

"I wrapped it up early, did you really think I was going to let you bring the twins home by yourself? Also, we kinda need to talk about where home is..." I trailed off.

"I've only just woken up." She groaned and and fell back against the pillows.

"I know, but we are able to go and pick the twins up in two hours so we kind of need to decide." I said, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Can I at least have a shower and get ready first?" She asked with a smile, one that I just couldn't say no to.

"Sure, you shower and I'll make us both some breakfast, how does that sound?" I asked and her face instantly lit up.

"Pancakes?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course." I said with a chuckle.

She jumped up excitedly and ran into the bathroom, in a matter of seconds I heard the shower turn on and I couldn't help but laugh as I headed downstairs to make pancakes. Just as I flipped the last pancake onto the plate, I heard footsteps running downstairs and I couldn't fight the smile that broke out on my face.

"Be careful, we don't want you going on hospital just as we are about to bring the twins home!" I called and the footsteps slowed.

"Sorry, I'm just really hungry and these smell great." She admitted sheepishly as she took a seat in the chair I pulled out for her.

I took a seat opposite her and we ate in silence, other than the occasional content sigh from Abi every now and then. I finished my pancakes pretty quickly and watched her as she finished eating, she always looked so beautiful, even when she was doing something as simple as eating pancakes. Anger washed over me as I thought about what I had done to her, I've treated her so badly on so many occasions but yet she still chooses to forgive me. I don't deserve her, not after everything I've done, she deserves someone like S-.