79

Abi's P.O.V.

My heart skipped a beat when he stopped and turned around to face me, and I took a few steps towards him before he spoke.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I came to find you, to bring you home, I need you Clint and so do the twins." I pleaded.

"You don't need me, you're doing fine without me, I'll just mess it all up." He said, looking down at the floor as if he was ashamed.

"I do need you Clint, more than you know, it's not easy looking after the twins by myself and I miss you so much. The twins have grown so much, you haven't really missed anything big yet like their first steps or their first words, so please come home. I don't want you to miss out on watching your children grow and I don't want them to miss out on having a dad. I know you can be the most amazing dad, so please just come home." I practically begged.

"You're better off without me Abi, all I do is hurt you." He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Can't you see it's hurting me not having you by my side? It's tearing me apart every morning that I wake up and you aren't by my side, I love you Clint and it kills me to be away from you. You've done some stupid things, but we all have, and I forgive you, I just want you to come home." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"I..." He trailed off as he ran a hand through his hair.

I opened my mouth to say something when it started to pour down with rain, in a matter of seconds I was drenched through and Clint quickly pulled me into the doorway of the back door of one of the shops we were behind. Our chest's were touching due to being squished into such a tight space and his body heat warmed me, I realised then how much I had missed being near him.

"Please come home." I said quietly, placing my hand on his cheek.

He let out a frustrated sigh before he closed his eyes and rested his forehead on mine, he looked as though he was battling with himself.

"Why is it so hard to say no to you?" He whispered.

"So you'll come home?" I asked hopefully.

"I've missed you and the twins more than anything over these past four and a half months, not a day has passed that I didn't think of you, but I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving. I love you Abi, and I'm sorry for everything I've done, so yes I'll come home." He said softly and my face lit up in a smile.

Before I had the chance to say anything, he dipped his head and pressed his lips against mine, those lips that I had missed so much and craved more than anything. My stomach flipped and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer, and to make sure he wasn't going anywhere; I was not going to lose him again. Sam's voice in my ear made me jump and I quickly pulled away from Clint.

"I know I said keep the comms on but I really don't appreciate having to listen to you two kissing." Sam said.

I chuckled before turning off the comms in my ear and pulling Clint back in for another kiss, a short while later we both pulled away as we tried to catch our breath and I couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

"I love you." I told him as I stroked my thumb across his cheek.

"I love you too." He said.

He took my hand in his and I lead him back towards the quinjet, I turned my comms back on and told Sam to meet us back there. As we walked, I told Clint about how much Sam had helped me and I could see he was jealous but also thankful that I had someone to help me.