Spencer

I lay down beside Ophelia, practically melting into her mattress. Both of us are breathing heavily, trying to come down from our highs.

I'm a bit disappointed. Again.

She seems to pick up on it and snuggles up to my side, gently rubbing my stomach and chest.

"I know that look. It's the same one you had earlier," She sighs. "I wasn't faking this time, Spence."

I shake my head. "No, I know you weren't. I just... I was expecting, y'know..."

I feel her nod. "Maybe I just need to get more comfortable."

"You aren't comfortable with me?" I ask her right away.

"I am, Spence," She sits up and looks down at me. "I mean, it's just something I have to get used to. It didn't happen until Emily and I's third time or something. And like I told you earlier, it's not even something that happens all the time."

"Right. You're right," I nod at her and hold my arms out, wanting her to lay back down with me. "Come here."

Ophelia lays down in my arms and rests her head on my chest. "I wish you didn't have to leave. I wanna fall asleep like this. Snuggled up to you, both of us all orgasmed-out."

I can't help but to chuckle. "Me too. I hate that I have to go."

We're both silent for a little bit and when I finally decide to get up, she barely moves. She's asleep.

I carefully maneuver out of her embrace and once I'm free, I start getting my clothes back on. I wish I could stay. I don't like leaving her high and dry like this, but I have to work.

Tonight was the best sex I have had in my entire life. Not just on the surface level, but on a spiritual one. It was meaningful.

I thought I loved Lila, at one point I even envisioned myself getting married to her...

But we never had a connection like the one Lia and I had tonight.

After I'm dressed, my eyes land on Ophelia who is naked and fast asleep. She must be freezing. I pick her blanket up off of the floor and cover her up before leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead.

"Bye, beautiful. I'll see you when I get home," I whisper to her as I pull away.

She shifts and her eyes flutter open. "You leaving?"

I nod, frowning at her. "Yeah, I'm about to head out."

She sits up and wraps her arms around my neck before planting a kiss on my cheek. When we look at each other, she quickly leaves one on my lips, too.

"Be safe, okay?"

"I will," I assure her. "I'll see you soon."

-

After ringing a few times, I hear the line click and Ophelia's voice swims through my ear. "Hi, you!"

"Hi, Li," I say happily, kicking my shoes off. "How was your day?"

She lets out a sigh. "Well, it was a little stressful, but... I finished the first draft of the pilot for the show about your team."

"That's great! I can't wait to read it," I can't help but to smile. I'm glad she's finding my work interesting enough to write an entire TV show pilot about it. I wonder if people would eat it up like she suggested that they would.