Chapter 26: August's POV

I stayed in the comfort of my bedroom tonight, my face still healing from the beating that had happened a week prior. When my parents had gotten back from their business trip, my mom took one look at my face and insisted on going up to the pack's high school. Once she was done fighting that battle with the school, she had come home and told me that Alexandre had taken care of the problem. I also have avoided really leaving my bedroom at all this week, when I had gone to school the day my heat had subsided. It was as if I were wearing a scarlet 'A' on my chest. I had found out the entire pack knew about what had happened on Halloween night, though I don't know how they found out but they had.

I went through this heat by myself, not having anyone really there for me this time. I was severely dehydrated when I woke. I hadn't known that my heat would come three weeks early. Tonight the full moon ceremony was happening. Onyx had been calling me throughout the week, but I politely declined her calls, feeling guilty about what I had done with her boyfriend. Vanya, Freya, and Malikai had tried their hardest to try and get me to come tonight, because they would be joining our pack tonight. I was still tense to do anything with the pack due to what had happened.

Come on Aug, why won't you go tonight? Winston whimpered in my head. He had been nothing but a nuisance since he's been back. Explaining that he was sorry for being gone for so long. He had begged me to go on a run, now it was my turn to ignore him. Please we haven't ran in months, please.

Shut up and leave me alone. I responded to him finally.

Please, our mate will be there. He whined. Another thing I had gotten fed up with, was he insisted that Alexandre was our mate.

He's not our mate, leave me alone please. I begged him.

I was snapped out of my trance when there was a knock on my door. I remained silent, hoping whoever it was would just leave. My door opened, revealing my mom. "You're going tonight, I'm not giving you room to argue, you need fresh air." I blink in response, knowing her word was final, and if I even tried to argue she'd just drag me there anyways. I shrugged my shoulders and threw my blanket off of me.

"If someone says anything about what happened on Halloween, I'm out of there." I mumbled under my breath.

"Understood." My mom responded before she exited the room.

Later we had made our way to the full moon ceremony, this time we had walked there, courtesy of my mom who insisted I needed to stretch my legs as well. My dad had left yesterday evening for another meeting with the council to smooth over something or another. I could tell my mom was slightly affected by it, but she insisted staying home with me after the incident where my face had almost gotten smashed in.

The memories had flashed in my mind of Jasper over me, socking me in the face. Telling me that I was a disgrace to our pack for seducing our Alpha and disrespecting our Luna. I inwardly cringed at the memory. I felt even more embarrassed that when I had gone to Kathy for my injuries, and that Alexandre had shown up with Onyx. I didn't fully know why he was there, I couldn't see real well with my eyes swollen shut. I just felt ashamed. I felt like I did betray Onyx, and I did betray our pack by 'seducing' our Alpha.

I told my mom that I would prefer to be far away from the stage this time around, she agreed and stood next to me, sitting on the dew covered grass. The three Omega's made their way to the center they set up for the refugees that were going to be a part of our pack after tonight. Usually I would feel the gracious feeling of our goddess's presence, but all I felt today was shame.

After around fifteen minutes of waiting the speakers started rustling meaning that the ceremony was starting. I hugged my knees to my chest, starting to feel the anxiety bubble up in my stomach. I could feel eyes on me.