[25]

ACT TWO WAS ABOUT TO begin as Big Red and Luna paraded through the lobby announcing the two minute warning

ACT TWO WAS ABOUT TO begin as Big Red and Luna paraded through the lobby announcing the two minute warning. The girl had been all over the place, answering requests from Miss Jenn as well as some of the cast. When she had a free moment, she hoped to find her boyfriend who she hadn't seen since she walked away from the Getcha Head In The Game scene.

Instead though, she ended up going to see her mom in the audience to see how she was finding the show, specifically how she thought Ricky was doing onstage. Of course, her mother only had good things to say about it. Mrs. Crawford loved the show, and was amazed by how well everyone was doing, especially Ricky as she knew it was his first time being the lead.

By the time Luna had made it backstage, Act two had already begun. She was pulled all different directions to help fix make up and costumes. She was exhausted. How did she go from being an honorary member of the crew (crowned by Carlos) to interim stage manager to full on crew member who had to do anything and everything?

Luna had managed to slip away during a calm moment to stand on the side of the make shift stage to watch the current scene that was supposed to be Troy and Gabriella.

"So this is your real stage?" Nini recited with a smile. The guy in the #14 Bolton jersey turned around to reveal himself to be EJ Caswell, not Ricky Bowen who it was supposed to be. A gasp was let out of Nini's mouth along with Luna's who was watching from side stage.

"I guess you could call it that. Or just a smelly gym," he played it off, reciting Troy's line. The audience saw as the girl and boy on stage covered their mics to have a side conversation about the whereabouts of Ricky. Luckily, Nini put her trust in EJ, continuing the scene as normal.

Miss Jenn appeared next to Luna, whisper yelling, "Where is Ricky?" Luna shrugged frantically.

"I don't know," she replied, before quickly adding that she would go find him. Luna searched every single inch of the backstage area and all the dressing rooms. No one had seen him in a long while, but Carlos informed her that last he heard Ricky was looking for her, needing her help.

In a frantic rush, she pushed the door open to the hallway just outside the gym where she had planned to go see if Big Red had seen his best friend in the audience. To her surprise, she found Ricky leaning against the wall outside the gym.

She let out a relieved sigh, which he heard causing him to lift his head up. "Ricky! There you are! You had me so worried. Carlos told me that you needed me?"

She paused, taking a look at what he was wearing. That was not a Troy Bolton outfit. "Why aren't you on stage, babe?" She asked softly, fearing that something was wrong.

He sighed, walking closer to her. "Where have you been?" He asked, avoiding her question.

She waved it off. "Miss Jenn has had me running all over the place doing things, and I saw my mom during the intermission. By the way, she thinks you're doing really awesome out there," Luna trailed off, realizing he changed the subject, and he should be on stage right now. She softly asked again, "Ric, why aren't you out there? Why is EJ playing Troy?" She grabbed his hand as he looked down at his feet.